Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by cricket1
Would you live in a desert?
They built in the desert in vegas and Dubai(even the sea)
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
If you want to live in the non urban areas of Australia you basically condemn yourself to a life of deprivation as you focus on your self sufficiency - dirt roads, off the power grid, tank/dam/stream water, hours away from a general store, petrol, medical care, no jobs etc. Of course, some areas are more poorly resourced than others but there are millions of hectares out there which are, to all intents and purposes, uninhabitable by anyone who wants the comforts of a flush loo and electric light.
It really comes down to what you do for a living
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:19 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Yes, but those governments have a bit more nouse and foresight than the Australians.

They can't even get their act together enough to sort out collecting rain water for the cities they already have. Can you imagine them building a whole new one in the desert? Too much head scratching for them
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:13 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozziedream
'65 million uk residents in a small area
25 million in aus in a area 30+ times bigger then uk'

S'funny. I wonder why so many people want to live in the UK and so few inhabit Oz.......?
I read this as a positive comment towards the UK Was i wrong????

If so many people want to live in the tiny British Isles compared to the massive Ozzy land........Doesn't that speak for its self
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:32 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
and in both cases many people are worried that it's all turning out to be unsustainable: in the American south west, for example, the massive development boom of the last 50 years or so was in part bouyed by what turned out to be a misreading of the meteorological/hydrological data: The boom coincided with what many now recognise as an unusually wet few decades, but which had been previously assumed to be the norm for the region.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:38 pm
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Have you tried living in a decent area Coda?
I think you're missing the point. This stuff exists whether you live in Putney (admittedly a nice white middle class environ) or a sink estate in Wolverhampton. I think you are alluding to a "See no evil, Hear no Evil" philosophy. Whatever works for ya!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:08 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coda
I think you're missing the point. This stuff exists whether you live in Putney (admittedly a nice white middle class environ) or a sink estate in Wolverhampton. I think you are alluding to a "See no evil, Hear no Evil" philosophy. Whatever works for ya!
Coda, I have lived in the UK for 45 years and loved every minute of my time there. I have the best and happiest memories but then I am a happy and optimistic person. I can see light in the darkest of places and I can see good in most things and I am about to return to England. I don't find anything especially wrong with Australia but it's not my home.

So Coda, as you're so unhappy why don't you leave the UK and go back to......where is it you come from?
Nothing you can say can change my opinion of my home country so go and tell the Samaritans about how unhappy you are.
They give a shit apparently.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Coda,

In my (little) experience on this forum, may i suggest you dont waste your time trying to tell people how (shite ?) the UK has become. Particularly those who plan to return. Let them come and find out for themselves. (unless they are wealthy and moving to a little hamlet in the middle of nowhere).

(Im off to bed. Quick)

Regards.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:42 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diggler
Coda,

In my (little) experience on this forum, may i suggest you dont waste your time trying to tell people how (shite ?) the UK has become. Particularly those who plan to return. Let them come and find out for themselves. (unless they are wealthy and moving to a little hamlet in the middle of nowhere).

(Im off to bed. Quick)

Regards.
It's probably 'shite' because people like you continuously do your best to pull it down. If you don't like where you live, it's simple. Don't just come on the forum and talk about how bad it is, put your money where you mouth is and MOVE!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

It's probably 'shite' because people like you continuously do your best to pull it down. If you don't like where you live, it's simple. Don't just come on the forum and talk about how bad it is, put your money where you mouth is and MOVE!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Diggler
I'm going to follow the advice under your name Diggler.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:04 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to follow the advice under your name Diggler.
Just out of curiosity...of course Was just wondering why people that haven't moved out of the UK yet...seem to want to move in to TMBTTUK forum
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Ozziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sans
I read this as a positive comment towards the UK Was i wrong????

If so many people want to live in the tiny British Isles compared to the massive Ozzy land........Doesn't that speak for its self
Did mean it as a positive comment about UK. I think it does speak for itself. The amount of people who return to UK from Oz also speaks for itself.
England is a great country with far more diversity, beauty, multi-culturalism, depth, character and .....I could go on and on..
Been here 12 years and return every year to 5 weeks of heaven in the months of living in 'a desert' (metaphorically speaking) and will return for good one day soon.
I LOVE England. It just is. Crime, sh*t weather and all!!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:16 am
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

I don't get how reading a newspaper and then commenting on the news is "pulling the country down". Perhaps you can explain that to me?

Cricket1, you say you are happy, but to me you sound vindictive and angry. Maybe im wrong, but that's the impression I get. I hope you will get back to England soon. Good luck!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:08 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Ozziedream
Did mean it as a positive comment about UK. I think it does speak for itself. The amount of people who return to UK from Oz also speaks for itself.
England is a great country with far more diversity, beauty, multi-culturalism, depth, character and .....I could go on and on..
Been here 12 years and return every year to 5 weeks of heaven in the months of living in 'a desert' (metaphorically speaking) and will return for good one day soon.
I LOVE England. It just is. Crime, sh*t weather and all!!
It was freezing last night But i got up to white frosty garden and brilliant sunshine at 7am..... And its now almost 10am and we have a bright blue sky and the frost has just about gone LOVELY!!!! You get crime just about everywhere, but some of us dont see it where we live

People make me laugh The way they go on about our tiny Island with its millions of occupants...........Last year while i was in Canada, i believe their was ( without being exact) 40 murders in Calgary alone some by the Knife and some by gun.........But you dont hear people going on about it, but the people are very quick to comment on the UK and i dont think their was 40ish murders in the whole of the UK in the last year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.