Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:26 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Of course I know Birmingham...........The great heart of British Multiculturalism.

what does your accent sound like?
I'm from the North of England, Cumbria, so my accent is described as 'soft and rolling' The Aussies think I talk funny.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:28 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
I'm from the North of England, Cumbria, so my accent is described as 'soft and rolling' The Aussies think I talk funny.
I imagine that my English is better than yours
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:34 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Probably. Mine has a twist of Australian to it now. I don't abbreviate my words like the Aussies do though. Not yet anyway.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:44 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Probably. Mine has a twist of Australian to it now. I don't abbreviate my words like the Aussies do though. Not yet anyway.
Why aren`t you thinking of going back to Cumbria or Northampton?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:27 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you believe her Jewels....she's posh with a twang haha
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sans
Dont you believe her Jewels....she's posh with a twang haha
Ah, forgotten we'd spoken on phone.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:36 pm
Banned

Why aren`t you thinking of going back to Cumbria or Northampton?
Either place is possible Joules. Need to get back there first though.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:03 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, forgotten we'd spoken on phone.

I feel very very small now

You'll remember when you get your bill
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:09 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

My kitchen designer Has just come back from Cumbria and he was absolutely drooling over it.......So much so i nearly packed my bag
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sans
My kitchen designer Has just come back from Cumbria and he was absolutely drooling over it.......So much so i nearly packed my bag
Cumbria, the Lake District is just beautiful. I grew up there and spent most of my adult life around Ambleside.
I don't know if I'd want to live there again. It's very busy in tourist season but a bit quiet in Winter. I think I need to be where there is a bit more of a pulse. I went back after moving away 4 years previously and I couldn't wait to head back to the big smoke.
Great for weekends and holidays though and if you've never lived anywhere else, it is idyllic. It wasn't the best time or place for me because I got bored and restless.
Despite the problems of moving towards the more built up and industrialised Northamptonshire area, I enjoyed being more central to everything else.
Depends on the needs of the individual though.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I got lucky when I returned to the UK to live because I've never had to experience anti social behaviour in the UK (And yes we have moved 8 times in GB in 10 years,don't ask!!)I did however experience it in Oz.I've mentioned this in another thread but when I first married (an aussie god forbid lol)we could only afford to live in a council estate.Not pretty,comes to mind!My youngest daughter was 2 at the time,joined the local playgroup and lets just say I had my concerns even then of her growing up there???We had our car nicked,heroin addicts living opposite who were constantly "tripping"even though they had just had their 4th child,single mothers were a plenty,people walking dogs with heavily studded collars(?)police cars regularly speeding down the road,yep you name it we had it.I think english people are much more gentle in nature generally speaking???We just returned from Marrakech yesterday and landed at Bristol airport.What a breeze that was,from the time we left the aircraft to the time we got to our car,took us 3o mins,so thats positive!!!!(Unlike Marrakech airport which took us 2.5 hrs?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:27 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Maybe I got lucky when I returned to the UK to live because I've never had to experience anti social behaviour in the UK (And yes we have moved 8 times in GB in 10 years,don't ask!!)I did however experience it in Oz.I've mentioned this in another thread but when I first married (an aussie god forbid lol)we could only afford to live in a council estate.Not pretty,comes to mind!My youngest daughter was 2 at the time,joined the local playgroup and lets just say I had my concerns even then of her growing up there???We had our car nicked,heroin addicts living opposite who were constantly "tripping"even though they had just had their 4th child,single mothers were a plenty,people walking dogs with heavily studded collars(?)police cars regularly speeding down the road,yep you name it we had it.I think english people are much more gentle in nature generally speaking???We just returned from Marrakech yesterday and landed at Bristol airport.What a breeze that was,from the time we left the aircraft to the time we got to our car,took us 3o mins,so thats positive!!!!(Unlike Marrakech airport which took us 2.5 hrs?
So pleased someone else thinks like me as far as us brits are concerned

I have said this to people before and got a reaction as if i had 2 heads
What you see is what you get here in the Uk , any reaction is very real. And i for one like that and trust it. People either love you / hate you or are indifferent but whatever ...its honest ( MOSTLY).
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Ozziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant futureOzziedream has a brilliant future

'65 million uk residents in a small area
25 million in aus in a area 30+ times bigger then uk'

S'funny. I wonder why so many people want to live in the UK and so few inhabit Oz.......?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ozziedream

S'funny. I wonder why so many people want to live in the UK and so few inhabit Oz.......?
Would you live in a desert?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozziedream

If you want to live in the non urban areas of Australia you basically condemn yourself to a life of deprivation as you focus on your self sufficiency - dirt roads, off the power grid, tank/dam/stream water, hours away from a general store, petrol, medical care, no jobs etc. Of course, some areas are more poorly resourced than others but there are millions of hectares out there which are, to all intents and purposes, uninhabitable by anyone who wants the comforts of a flush loo and electric light.

Popluation density isnt that different if you look at how people actually live on the very small habitable strips around the coastline

Last edited by quoll; Mar 5th 2009 at 12:28 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.