Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some people are just low scumbags

Some people are just low scumbags

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:04 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Some people are just low scumbags

I really cant wait to get out of here. Bloody hate the place

OH went back to wok last night for first time since his operation. One of the nurses asked him if he enjoyed his prezzie?
OH said what prezzie?

Apparently all the staff on the unit had chipped in to buy both him and myself a large fruit and chocolate basket as a get well/ christmas prezzie. And ordered it to be delivered on christmas eve. Well, we never received it!
His colleague rang the company up today to find out what happened. According to them it was delivered and left outside our front door insdie the apartment block. It had a large card on it saying get well soon. So some low life scumbag as come along and bloody well stolen it on christmas eve for gods sake!!! :curse:

I hope they choked on it
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some people are just low scumbags

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I really cant wait to get out of here. Bloody hate the place

OH went back to wok last night for first time since his operation. One of the nurses asked him if he enjoyed his prezzie?
OH said what prezzie?

Apparently all the staff on the unit had chipped in to buy both him and myself a large fruit and chocolate basket as a get well/ christmas prezzie. And ordered it to be delivered on christmas eve. Well, we never received it!
His colleague rang the company up today to find out what happened. According to them it was delivered and left outside our front door insdie the apartment block. It had a large card on it saying get well soon. So some low life scumbag as come along and bloody well stolen it on christmas eve for gods sake!!! :curse:

I hope they choked on it
Like you say just total scum bags but how lovely of the hospital staff to care enough to do such a nice thing.

Just reminded me a few years ago when we lived in an apartment in Toronto someone broke into our storage locker in the basement and stole our Christmas decorations:curse: It wasn't like there were anything valuable but there were a few little ornaments that my OH's grandmother had given us for our sons first Christmas with his name engraved on them. There really are some low life's around.

Anyway hope your OH is on the mend and you'll be making your escape soon.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:54 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

And people say you can leave the back door open here as it's so safe to live here just like the UK used to be! By the way we've had a few parcels sent from the UK taken from our doorstep too.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, definately some right scumbags out there. My elderly parents, in the UK, still leave their back door unlocked. At least they did until 2 weeks ago. Some scumbags let themselves in while my parents were upstairs and stole all the wrapped presents they had bought for their granchildren. I hope they caught salmonella from their turkey. (The scumbags, not my parents.)
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
Account Closed

jackuk is an unknown quantity at this point

some nice news

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21009690/
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:00 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackuk
That's great. Thanks!

Bev
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:25 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never forget the day when my mum roasted a joint of beef, then left it on the bench to rest while she sat in her front lounge to watch Songs of Praise (it was for Sunday lunch).
When she went back into the kitchen, it had gone.
She left a packet of Bisto on the doorstep with a note saying the thieves would need it to make the gravy!.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh, cant win a trick can you? Ah well, that was 2008 - better things are just around the corner for you. Of course, Flea, I am sure you must be mistaken, everyone knows there is no crime in Australia

Hope the DH is feeling really good now!

BTW the British High Commission yesterday were superb - no waiting time at all to renew a passport (there were visa enquiries waiting though) and the guy said 2 working weeks for the passport to get to us! Mind you the price had gone up by about $50 since I got mine renewed in April! but the wait time was less than the 6 weeks it was then.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:35 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Scum...scum...scum. I hope they get a dose of food poisoning.

The quicker you get out of there Flea, the better.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, there are scumbags in every country, including Britain and Australia.

I deal with them every day in my job and I could not be any more frustrated by the completely useless "justice" system.

That problem exists in Britain too though sadly.

If governments would stop talking about getting tough on crime, and actually get tough on crime (as in start dishing out serious punishments to these scumbags) that would be a big step in the right direction. Can't see it happening though any time soon I'm afraid, so looks like we'll all have to keep on watching our backs and locking things up tight.

Nice to read that story of the guy who left his shop open with an 'honesty bucket' though. It helps to be reminded sometimes that there are still a lot of good decent honest people out there.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:29 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
Unfortunately, there are scumbags in every country, including Britain and Australia.

I deal with them every day in my job and I could not be any more frustrated by the completely useless "justice" system.

If governments would stop talking about getting tough on crime, and actually get tough on crime (as in start dishing out serious punishments to these scumbags) that would be a big step in the right direction. Can't see it happening though any time soon I'm afraid, so looks like we'll all have to keep on watching our backs and locking things up tight.

Nice to read that story of the guy who left his shop open with an 'honesty bucket' though. It helps to be reminded sometimes that there are still a lot of good decent honest people out there.

The thing to remember is how we've created the Robin Hood mentality. This is clever mass programming by the government and it really does go back over centuries yet it's failings are so evidential today. The original intention was to make the rich pay for the poor. This worked for a while but then the rich got smart so having won the majority approval that the rich should pay, the rich got smart and learned how not to pay. The government then started making the middle class (the voters who said the rich should pay) pay and voila, we now have a system where most of us go to work in a government system to fund a Robin Hood society where we pay for the lowlifes to steal our Christmas presents and live for free. Like Karen Matthews???
That's why I run a company and don't work for the government.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Good job you're getting out of Australia soon, eh, Flea

Here's to a Happy New Year - 2009
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:26 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.

I didnt post it as a UK v Aus thing, I meant I couldnt wait to get out of this particular apartment as this is the second time we have been robbed in 8mths! :curse:
I have also recently had my car stolen in UK outside my daughters house.

Anyway.. an update. Thanks to the kind staff at the hospital and the florist where the order was made, they agreed o send another basket today! It is lovely. At this very moment i have mango juice running down my chin

Elaine, you are so correct in pointing out that it was a lovely gesture from staff. I guess this episode shows both extremes of the human condition.

And i loved the link to the DIY shop guy in UK. How cool is that. Puts your faith back in humanity.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 5:11 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen

I think we need some Maricopa County justice in this country:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=88002493

Old Jan 5th 2009, 5:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think we need some Maricopa County justice in this country:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=88002493

The last thing anyone needs is that moron running the police.

A Maricopa resident, taxpayer and voter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.