Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some big news and a few questions.

Wikiposts

Some big news and a few questions.

Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:12 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some big news and a few questions.

Originally posted by janeyray
See, I knew it!!! You're going back before me!!!!!

We have just about sold the house (buyers have to sell thiers first ) so could be looking at June time. Horrah!!!

You'll have fun looking for property, I can't wait.

The area sound lovely. Hope you find something.
yahooooooooooooooooooooooo excellent news matey

Brilliant..another step nearer to home..
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:18 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some big news and a few questions.

dotty, try this for info on areas

up my street
home check
villages

I am at the wrong end of Berkshire to know the areas in details, but know that the traffic jams in the area are pain in the a*$e. It is years since I have been there, but there should still be a great big M&S at Camberley!

For an idea on travelling times and distances use the the AA route planner

all the best, and remember a house is not sold in England until the contracts are exchanged, so if you really like the place there could be time to do a bit of gazumping
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Lydia_700 is on a distinguished road

I used to live in Heathfield and I think it's a very nice place to live. It has a small Co-op and Budgens supermarkets. There is a wonderful delicatessen (spelling?) in the high street and a decent Indian restaurant in Station Approach and a very good take-away Indian and kebab place too. For a big supermarket shop we used to go to Tesco's at Uckfield or Sainsbury's at Eastbourne. The countryside around the area is beautiful - and not any pig farms that I know of! Getting to London could be a pain though as the nearest train station is on a really bad line and has crap service, so you'd be better off driving to Tunbridge Wells, which is about 25 mins drive away (nightmare to park anywhere though). Great pubs in the area, especially The Star in old Heathfield. If you're in to cyling you are right by the Cuckoo Trail, which is the old disused railway line that has been converted into a cycle track.

If you are into health and fitness there is a small private Club, called Insenhurst Country Club, behind the Esso garage on the way into the town. It has a small swimming pool, fully equipped gym, sauna, jacuzzi and beauty salon. There is a waiting list to join unfortunately, but not too long.

If you want to know anything else - just shout )