Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So where is everyone headed when they get back?

So where is everyone headed when they get back?

Old May 28th 2008, 11:06 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default So where is everyone headed when they get back?

Just interested to know where everyone is hoping to settle when they back......apart from the nearest pub, that is!
Initially Mr Oldbag and I will be in Tameside, Greater Manchester ().......yeah, I know, but it's where we have to start until we find the right place.

Can't believe I'll be an Ex Expat soon........
Old May 28th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So where is everyone headed when they get back?

Northern Ireland, Larne, Co. Antrim. Staying with my parents to start with, hooray for babysitters
Old May 28th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Oldbag we are from Saddleworth

my avatar picture is my daughters horse on the moors in Greenfield in the snow
Old May 28th 2008, 11:27 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Oldbag we are from Saddleworth

my avatar picture is my daughters horse on the moors in Greenfield in the snow
Aaaah - Saddleworth and Greenfield....spent many happy hours walking there. My sister in Stalybridge grazes her two beasties in fields right up at the top of Ridge Hill in 'bridge, overlooking Mossley, and often rides the Saddleworth, Greenfield area........I never realised just how much I missed the wild moors til I was back there in March. I have to admit I took it all for granted, and now I'm so happy to be going back where a hill is a Hill!
Old May 28th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Hi oldbag, we are looking in to Suffolk and Norfolk? Never been there never lived there but is nearby to mum in Essex and am not going back to London with kids in tow. OH is from Belfast but he doesn't want to go back there, he has got very country now.

We have been in NZ for ever 4 yrs, prior to that 10 yrs in Isle of Man (kids are Manx born) and a couple of years in Jersey before that. Haven't been in mainland UK for 15 or so yrs, will no doubt be an eye opener, hence our choice for rural over city. But still exciting none the less
Old May 29th 2008, 12:06 am
itchy feet again!

Originally Posted by LizaJane
Hi oldbag, we are looking in to Suffolk and Norfolk? Never been there never lived there but is nearby to mum in Essex and am not going back to London with kids in tow. OH is from Belfast but he doesn't want to go back there, he has got very country now.

We have been in NZ for ever 4 yrs, prior to that 10 yrs in Isle of Man (kids are Manx born) and a couple of years in Jersey before that. Haven't been in mainland UK for 15 or so yrs, will no doubt be an eye opener, hence our choice for rural over city. But still exciting none the less

Had some great holidays in Norfolk; Mr Oldbag and I really like it for its peace and quiet and slower pace of life. We especially liked Diss which reminded us of France, and we liked a tiny little place called Lower Tasburgh, near Long Stratton. Have you ever been to Norwich? It's beautiful, and has a really good market. Oooooh - I forgot about markets.......we don't have them here, except for the Farmer's Markets which are always too far out for us to go to; can't wait to go to Ashton market on a Saturday morning!
Good luck with your move.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oldbag
Had some great holidays in Norfolk; Mr Oldbag and I really like it for its peace and quiet and slower pace of life. We especially liked Diss which reminded us of France, and we liked a tiny little place called Lower Tasburgh, near Long Stratton. Have you ever been to Norwich? It's beautiful, and has a really good market. Oooooh - I forgot about markets.......we don't have them here, except for the Farmer's Markets which are always too far out for us to go to; can't wait to go to Ashton market on a Saturday morning!
Good luck with your move.
thanks old bag, after reading this thread went and started another to try and get info on Suffolk and Norfolk as haven't been to either, so any more info would be grat........sounds wonderful, can't wait!
Old May 29th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: So where is everyone headed when they get back?

Originally Posted by LizaJane
thanks old bag, after reading this thread went and started another to try and get info on Suffolk and Norfolk as haven't been to either, so any more info would be grat........sounds wonderful, can't wait!
oops I meant to say great
Old May 29th 2008, 1:00 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

We are heading for South Cheshire. Some nice little town or village, set in the green, green grass of home.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:27 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Luton.

Seriously, unless I have a job lined up, which will dictate where I go, I want to be within commute distance of London, but also within striking distance of Oxford and Cambridge. Therefore Luton area (Ampthill, Flitwick, etc.). It will only be temporary anyway . . .
Old May 29th 2008, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by oldbag
Just interested to know where everyone is hoping to settle when they back......apart from the nearest pub, that is!
Initially Mr Oldbag and I will be in Tameside, Greater Manchester ().......yeah, I know, but it's where we have to start until we find the right place.

Can't believe I'll be an Ex Expat soon........
I'm crawling back down the hole where i came from

I'm going back to exactly where i left...Yorkshire
Old May 29th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

The Scottish Borders.
Old May 29th 2008, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

When/If we get back we will moving to Suffolk/Ely/Bury st Edmunds

We come from Surrey, although I would not mind going back there OH refuses to as he does not want work in London again.
Old May 29th 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

mumof5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Somerset, by the end of July after a brief stop in K.L just to get used to normal shopping
Old May 29th 2008, 6:17 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

We are heading back to northeast Lincolnshire before we came we lived in a lovely village close to the humber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.