Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So whats good to watch on UK TV lately

So whats good to watch on UK TV lately

Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default So whats good to watch on UK TV lately

I've seen the Downton Abby series 1 and 2
What else are you all watching back in UK? Besides Corrie, I'm already watching that and up to date.
I saw the trailer to something called Call the midwife, looks interesting.

Last edited by Mummy in the foothills; Jan 25th 2012 at 11:32 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:49 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: So whats good to watch on UK TV lately

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I've seen the Downton Abby series 1 and 2
What else are you all watching back in UK? Besides Corrie, I'm already watching that and up to date.
I saw the trailer to something called Call the midwife, looks interesting.

Last month when I was in London and Zug (Switzerland) I was hooked on "Come Dine With Me"
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So whats good to watch on UK TV lately

Just for starters....

Sherlock Holmes
Downton Abbey Christmas Special
Above Suspicion
Endeavour (A young Inspector Morse)
Mad Dogs
Public Enemies
Call The Midwife
Birdsong

Edit: We usually post recommendations/details of UK programs in this thread. You may find it interesting.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 26th 2012 at 12:48 am.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 1:20 am
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Defo: Sherlock Homes Mad Dogs and if you want a laugh Mrs Browns Boys
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:01 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks that'll give me some to look for.
I think some of my UK friends are watching Mrs Brown's boys, I noticed a couple of comments about that.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

RChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to all

I think some of my UK friends are watching Mrs Brown's boys, I noticed a couple of comments about that.
I was in the UK over Xmas and saw some episodes of Mrs Brown's Boys. It's quite silly but I found it hilarious. I was staying with my parents and they both love it....my mother was in stitches on several occasions. It was so nice to be around people that can laugh so freely again!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:02 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

I found Mad dogs, so I'm half way through the first episode. Not sure about it yet.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I found Mad dogs, so I'm half way through the first episode. Not sure about it yet.
This is the 2nd series.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

I found series one.
So I must be way behind, but thats good lots to watch.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Part way through the last episode of Mrs Brown's Boys, I turned to my husband and begged him to make it stop. That's how much my cheeks were hurting from the laughing. I would also recommend some Depends or similar.

Call the Midwife was excellent. Very interesting to see birth in the 1950s. I'm getting together a research project on birth within living memory, so right up my street
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:21 pm

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dashie
Part way through the last episode of Mrs Brown's Boys, I turned to my husband and begged him to make it stop. That's how much my cheeks were hurting from the laughing. I would also recommend some Depends or similar.

Call the Midwife was excellent. Very interesting to see birth in the 1950s. I'm getting together a research project on birth within living memory, so right up my street
Dashie could have guessed you are on the same wavelength as us with Mrs Browns Boys. Its the highlight of our week here, so, so funny.
We've also been watching 'Cornwall' with Caroline thingymajig, brings back some fantastic holiday memories with the kids when they were little ahh......
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyd65
Dashie could have guessed you are on the same wavelength as us with Mrs Browns Boys. Its the highlight of our week here, so, so funny.
Did you have the same 'wee' problem I did..lol?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Browns Boys
Escape to the Country
Hairy Bikers (cooking program)
Great British Railway Journeys
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beachgal21
Great British Railway Journeys
Is that the one with Michael Portillo?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Dashie
Did you have the same 'wee' problem I did..lol?
Oh yes and make sure you don't have anything to drink whilst watching it as OH had a mouthful of coffee which he nearly choked on when watching Mrs B.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.