So What Will It Be?

Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:27 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by saoghalbeag
Now you have made me think...here is my list (not nec. in order):

I am going to invest in a VERY good (and probably expensive) coat, or maybe two. I am going to buy a DECENT pair of boots and generally spend more on clothes, and I am going to have a hair straightener. I am going to be more involved in the community and I am going to join the local gym. I am not going to put every little slight down to the fact that I am an Aussie (it could just be that I'm a pain in the ... ). I am not going to let myself use the *cold* as an excuse to live on pints and pastries. I am NEVER going to rent a house with disfunctional heating EVER (again)!

Instead of spending hours looking onthe net and never actually going, I AM going to take those trips to Europe while it is on my doorstep. I am going to go to Orkney and Shetland. I am going to take a tour through England and do all the touristy things. I am going to go to Brighton and Blackpool. I am going to order something from an Argos catalogue (or other mail order catalogue). I am going to do voluntary work and completely change my career. I am going to find time for my art. I am going to read more. I am going to buy a bicycle (maybe even through Argos!!) and ride it. I am going to do walks! I am going to climb Ben Nevis (or perhaps a smaller hill!) I am going to learn to snowski. I am going to climb Arthur's Seat. I am going to sail a yacht/some sort of vessel around the Hebrides.

I am going to research my family history and find out if we really are related to Flora. I am going to take my daughter to the park, and in the depths of winter (one day!) I am going to take that trip to the US, like all my neighbours in Scotland seemed to do! One day I am going to buy my stone cottage by the sea and do it up. I am going to have a Border Collie and a cat. Eventually I am going to get ILR and citizenship and a British passport and my family over in Oz are all going to have a fit!!

Most importantly, I am going to grow daffodils from bulbs in one of those wooden tubs!!

Now I just have to sit and wait out the year til I can get started!

Excellent stuff.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:01 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Now you have made me think...here is my list (not nec. in order):

I am going to invest in a VERY good (and probably expensive) coat, or maybe two. I am going to buy a DECENT pair of boots and generally spend more on clothes, and I am going to have a hair straightener. I am going to be more involved in the community and I am going to join the local gym. I am not going to put every little slight down to the fact that I am an Aussie (it could just be that I'm a pain in the ... ). I am not going to let myself use the *cold* as an excuse to live on pints and pastries. I am NEVER going to rent a house with disfunctional heating EVER (again)!

Instead of spending hours looking onthe net and never actually going, I AM going to take those trips to Europe while it is on my doorstep. I am going to go to Orkney and Shetland. I am going to take a tour through England and do all the touristy things. I am going to go to Brighton and Blackpool. I am going to order something from an Argos catalogue (or other mail order catalogue). I am going to do voluntary work and completely change my career. I am going to find time for my art. I am going to read more. I am going to buy a bicycle (maybe even through Argos!!) and ride it. I am going to do walks! I am going to climb Ben Nevis (or perhaps a smaller hill!) I am going to learn to snowski. I am going to climb Arthur's Seat. I am going to sail a yacht/some sort of vessel around the Hebrides.

I am going to research my family history and find out if we really are related to Flora. I am going to take my daughter to the park, and in the depths of winter (one day!) I am going to take that trip to the US, like all my neighbours in Scotland seemed to do! One day I am going to buy my stone cottage by the sea and do it up. I am going to have a Border Collie and a cat. Eventually I am going to get ILR and citizenship and a British passport and my family over in Oz are all going to have a fit!!

Most importantly, I am going to grow daffodils from bulbs in one of those wooden tubs!!

Now I just have to sit and wait out the year til I can get started!
As an Aussie returning to the UK as well I relate to alot of your list. I am definitely going to take more advantage of being on Europe's doorstep. I am definitely not going to get defensive about Australia and being Australian. I am soooooo over that! I will probably agree with many of the jibes about Australia now! I am going to make sure I get out and enjoy myself instead of pining for a place that no longer deserves my effort in doing so.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:35 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Woohoo! My name is changed!!! That was like lightning!!

Yeah, alicecat (it is I, hiding underneath a new pseudonym, or is it the real me...oooh, i should get off my a**** and do some marking!!) you reminded me of another: not to get too hooked up in the Aussie jibes. I never went out of my way to befriend other Aussies (they were usually in the Highlands for completely different reasons to me anyway) but I did get defensive about ppl banging on about bloody Aussies and Australia etc. Now I have been educated here on BE I realise that it's their prob, not mine! I used to get more involved in slagging off England and American tourists anyway...but that is something else that I shall change when I go back! It's all silly anyway: why do we have to put others down to make ourselves feel better? Sounds like my Year 9 boys class...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:50 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo! My name is changed!!! That was like lightning!!

Yeah, alicecat (it is I, hiding underneath a new pseudonym, or is it the real me...oooh, i should get off my a**** and do some marking!!) you reminded me of another: not to get too hooked up in the Aussie jibes. I never went out of my way to befriend other Aussies (they were usually in the Highlands for completely different reasons to me anyway) but I did get defensive about ppl banging on about bloody Aussies and Australia etc. Now I have been educated here on BE I realise that it's their prob, not mine! I used to get more involved in slagging off England and American tourists anyway...but that is something else that I shall change when I go back! It's all silly anyway: why do we have to put others down to make ourselves feel better? Sounds like my Year 9 boys class...
Suspected it might have been you! Although I was thinking for a second or so 'God Scotland must be a great place for Aussies..that is two Aussies who are desperate to get back there!'
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:59 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

hehehe, let me know if you find any others...they might have the answer to a speedy return!!