So What Will It Be?

Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:28 am
  #1  
I don't give a damn
Thread Starter
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default So What Will It Be?

For those actively returning to UK in the not too distant future, are you intending to live a different life to the one you lived before you moved overseas, or are you hoping to slot back into the same kind of lifestyle you had previously?

For me, i want to live it a whole new way! Although i cannot wait to get back, i really am grateful for what moving around the world has taught me about myself. I am more confident, self assured and feel i can tackle anyone and anything. I want to use this to create a whole new existence back in the UK.
I do have one slight concern though. How will my adult children feel about having a different kind of mum around?
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:44 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Back home :)
Posts: 1,706
birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
For those actively returning to UK in the not too distant future, are you intending to live a different life to the one you lived before you moved overseas, or are you hoping to slot back into the same kind of lifestyle you had previously?

For me, i want to live it a whole new way! Although i cannot wait to get back, i really am grateful for what moving around the world has taught me about myself. I am more confident, self assured and feel i can tackle anyone and anything. I want to use this to create a whole new existence back in the UK.
I do have one slight concern though. How will my adult children feel about having a different kind of mum around?
Hi Flea

Sure you're kids would love to have a different kind of Mum around.
I'm moving to a different area but one I know with friends around.
Will be different as was part of a couple b4 with dogs.
Plan to still do all I loved about old life - gardening, growing veg, walking etc but intend to explore more and make the most of the UK and being on Europes doorstep.
And time for another puppy dog too - yay
birdynumnum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:55 am
  #3  
I don't give a damn
Thread Starter
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi Flea

Sure you're kids would love to have a different kind of Mum around.
I'm moving to a different area but one I know with friends around.
Will be different as was part of a couple b4 with dogs.
Plan to still do all I loved about old life - gardening, growing veg, walking etc but intend to explore more and make the most of the UK and being on Europes doorstep.
And time for another puppy dog too - yay
We seem to have a lot in common Birdy. I love gardening too, although i am more a flower person. Living in a inner city Sydney apartment i miss it big time!
I think what i mean about living a different life when i get back is that i am not mumsy anymore. I want to explore and do lots of things i would never dare do years ago.
Like you i want to travel Europe making the most of Eurostar, but also Britain itself. Because i was raising the family i couldnt do it as much as i would have liked.

Oh!! And i'm definitely buying that penelope pitstop pink vespa just to be a bit outrageous
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:09 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Back home :)
Posts: 1,706
birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
We seem to have a lot in common Birdy. I love gardening too, although i am more a flower person. Living in a inner city Sydney apartment i miss it big time!
I think what i mean about living a different life when i get back is that i am not mumsy anymore. I want to explore and do lots of things i would never dare do years ago.
Like you i want to travel Europe making the most of Eurostar, but also Britain itself. Because i was raising the family i couldnt do it as much as i would have liked.

Oh!! And i'm definitely buying that penelope pitstop pink vespa just to be a bit outrageous
Are you really buying the pink vespa??? You've got me laughing away.
Well not being a mumsy anymore you've got alot of catching up to do!
I love growing flowers too, any plants really. Know what you mean about not being able to, I'm on a very windy hill so wind burn means no plants apart from hardy old lemongrass & rosemary.
I'll miss the lovey tropical plants up where I am though, at the mo theres shrubs of winter jasmine everywhere, all white and lovely - stunning!
birdynumnum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:29 am
  #5  
I don't give a damn
Thread Starter
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Are you really buying the pink vespa??? You've got me laughing away.
Well not being a mumsy anymore you've got alot of catching up to do!
I love growing flowers too, any plants really. Know what you mean about not being able to, I'm on a very windy hill so wind burn means no plants apart from hardy old lemongrass & rosemary.
I'll miss the lovey tropical plants up where I am though, at the mo theres shrubs of winter jasmine everywhere, all white and lovely - stunning!
Yes! Definitely buying one just for the hell of it. Heres one i saw on ebay last week

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pink-2005-Piag...ayphotohosting

I am going to whizz about on it. This will be my second childhood Of course, when i told my daughter about it she told me i am not allowed to go round her place riding it as the neighbours will laugh
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:33 am
  #6  
I don't give a damn
Thread Starter
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

I wish i knew how to put the pic of the vespa under my name on here like other posters do but i dont know how to do it.
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:00 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
megansmummy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Home at last!!
Posts: 326
megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Things will defo be a bit different for me now as im on my own & have a child. Pre oz was when it was just me & Si & me as a single girl

One thing that will be better for me is that im stronger & feel i can tackle anything. Im hoping to get somewhere in newcastle which is a brand new area for me, failing that then i will aim for Cardiiff where i lived before i met Si

Life for me now wont be all about parties but about my daughter. I will have some kind of life but at least i have her in it & thats the best thing for me!

I lost a lot of my personality when i went to Oz & ince getting back the old jude is defo back & hre to stay!!!
megansmummy is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:30 am
  #8  
Life is more than a dream
 
LouiseD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kings Moss, UK - it's a bit like Emmerdale
Posts: 1,389
LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I wish i knew how to put the pic of the vespa under my name on here like other posters do but i dont know how to do it.
Try right clicking on the smaller pic, then select save picture as... to save it to your computer. Go into My Profile on BE, select Edit Avatar and then upload it from your computer - you may need to play about with the size of it as there is a limit.

It looks fantastic by the way - go for it
LouiseD is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:40 am
  #9  
I don't give a damn
Thread Starter
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Yippee! Thanks Louise.

Jude. You are a much stronger woman for your experience. Rock on
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:53 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Back home :)
Posts: 1,706
birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yippee! Thanks Louise.

Jude. You are a much stronger woman for your experience. Rock on
Ooooh get you with your pink vespa........get some uggies to take home, ride to your daughters & watch her face as you turn up!!!!!!!!!
birdynumnum is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:33 pm
  #11  
Life is more than a dream
 
LouiseD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kings Moss, UK - it's a bit like Emmerdale
Posts: 1,389
LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yippee! Thanks Louise.

Jude. You are a much stronger woman for your experience. Rock on
After you arrive home, we want to see a piccie of you on the pink vespa
LouiseD is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:37 am
  #12  
Wanderer
 
saoghalbeag's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
Posts: 493
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

I'm dense. I was picturing a Vespa as a kind of small convertible - had an image of your hair flowing out like Barbie...lol! If I'd grown up in Britain I bet I would've known what a Vespa was >sigh<

I am as determined as most of you 'natives' that my return to the UK will be different. But then, I thought that about coming back to Oz after being in Britain (I'm Australian), and, sadly, it really has not been that way. Family and tiny home town have kind of pushed me back into being the same/similar person I was before. I also came back after a bit of personal drama, so a lot of the confidence I had acquired by living o/seas disappeared in a bit of the 'shame' of my situation. On a more positive note, though, I have found that I care a LOT less about what people think. I now know that they are not the whole world, they are no longer the most important people in the world. I know for a fact there are mates elsewhere who matter more than these bums.

It has also made me realise (well, I hope I'm right on this one!) that maybe that self-assurance and general happiness and contentment actually came from me being IN Scotland, and that's why it hasn't really translated to here. I do think about what it will be like when I go back and there are a lot of things I will do differently. There are also a lot of things I will do that are similar to you guys - like travel to Europe more (even tho I did that a bit!) and see more of the UK, and one of the things I hope to do that is a spin-off from this forum is to be open to making friends in all circles of life. As a backpacker my social circle was a bit limited last time I was there, and I regret that. BE has also taught me to be less narrow-minded in terms of English people: *repeat mantra* Just because I love Scotland does not mean I hate England...(hehe)
saoghalbeag is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:43 am
  #13  
Wanderer
 
saoghalbeag's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
Posts: 493
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Now you have made me think...here is my list (not nec. in order):

I am going to invest in a VERY good (and probably expensive) coat, or maybe two. I am going to buy a DECENT pair of boots and generally spend more on clothes, and I am going to have a hair straightener. I am going to be more involved in the community and I am going to join the local gym. I am not going to put every little slight down to the fact that I am an Aussie (it could just be that I'm a pain in the ... ). I am not going to let myself use the *cold* as an excuse to live on pints and pastries. I am NEVER going to rent a house with disfunctional heating EVER (again)!

Instead of spending hours looking onthe net and never actually going, I AM going to take those trips to Europe while it is on my doorstep. I am going to go to Orkney and Shetland. I am going to take a tour through England and do all the touristy things. I am going to go to Brighton and Blackpool. I am going to order something from an Argos catalogue (or other mail order catalogue). I am going to do voluntary work and completely change my career. I am going to find time for my art. I am going to read more. I am going to buy a bicycle (maybe even through Argos!!) and ride it. I am going to do walks! I am going to climb Ben Nevis (or perhaps a smaller hill!) I am going to learn to snowski. I am going to climb Arthur's Seat. I am going to sail a yacht/some sort of vessel around the Hebrides.

I am going to research my family history and find out if we really are related to Flora. I am going to take my daughter to the park, and in the depths of winter (one day!) I am going to take that trip to the US, like all my neighbours in Scotland seemed to do! One day I am going to buy my stone cottage by the sea and do it up. I am going to have a Border Collie and a cat. Eventually I am going to get ILR and citizenship and a British passport and my family over in Oz are all going to have a fit!!

Most importantly, I am going to grow daffodils from bulbs in one of those wooden tubs!!

Now I just have to sit and wait out the year til I can get started!
saoghalbeag is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:15 am
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 470
fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by matildaskye
Now you have made me think...here is my list (not nec. in order):

I am going to invest in a VERY good (and probably expensive) coat, or maybe two. I am going to buy a DECENT pair of boots and generally spend more on clothes, and I am going to have a hair straightener. I am going to be more involved in the community and I am going to join the local gym. I am not going to put every little slight down to the fact that I am an Aussie (it could just be that I'm a pain in the ... ). I am not going to let myself use the *cold* as an excuse to live on pints and pastries. I am NEVER going to rent a house with disfunctional heating EVER (again)!

Instead of spending hours looking onthe net and never actually going, I AM going to take those trips to Europe while it is on my doorstep. I am going to go to Orkney and Shetland. I am going to take a tour through England and do all the touristy things. I am going to go to Brighton and Blackpool. I am going to order something from an Argos catalogue (or other mail order catalogue). I am going to do voluntary work and completely change my career. I am going to find time for my art. I am going to read more. I am going to buy a bicycle (maybe even through Argos!!) and ride it. I am going to do walks! I am going to climb Ben Nevis (or perhaps a smaller hill!) I am going to learn to snowski. I am going to climb Arthur's Seat. I am going to sail a yacht/some sort of vessel around the Hebrides.

I am going to research my family history and find out if we really are related to Flora. I am going to take my daughter to the park, and in the depths of winter (one day!) I am going to take that trip to the US, like all my neighbours in Scotland seemed to do! One day I am going to buy my stone cottage by the sea and do it up. I am going to have a Border Collie and a cat. Eventually I am going to get ILR and citizenship and a British passport and my family over in Oz are all going to have a fit!!

Most importantly, I am going to grow daffodils from bulbs in one of those wooden tubs!!

Now I just have to sit and wait out the year til I can get started!
That's a lovely list!! Can I come with you too?
fishfinger is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:26 am
  #15  
I don't give a damn
Thread Starter
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So What Will It Be?

Originally Posted by LouiseD
After you arrive home, we want to see a piccie of you on the pink vespa
You're on Louise
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.