Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So relieved to have found this site!

So relieved to have found this site!

Old Oct 27th 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Y'all,

My Mum goes back to the UK tomorrow and I'm dreading it already. I still can't wait to go back to the UK and my family but c'est la vie! My hubbie and I moved out here a year ago with the intention of staying "forever". We were fed up with Britain and all the crowds, high prices, crime, etc. But as time went on and especially when I fell pregnant, we realized that it was not meant to be out here. Family and friends mean so much more than material possessions. We are, however, going to give it another year (groan) and move back to the UK next Fall. We're looking at this time as a sabbatical / journey of self-discovery!! and don't regret it at all. We're lucky enough to still have a business in UK (Somerset) and glad we didn't burn all our bridges. The only thing that is niggling me is having to put our beloved kitty back on a plane again. The journey over nearly killed him but that's another post for another time!

Hope all you preggie girls are well and happy. It'll all be worth it in the end, honest. Our little darling is unbelievable and I'm still on a high one week on - although completely exhausted...

Last edited by rooster; Oct 27th 2003 at 7:30 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Here's a piccie of hubbie and Ellie the day she was born.
Attached Thumbnails So relieved to have found this site!-dcp_0003.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

What a cutie!! (The baby, that is - although I'm sure you're hubby is just as lovely!) She looks so peaceful.

We didn't know how long we would stay when we came to Oz - ours was an opportunity to travel more, see my sister and experience work in another country. Thankfully we kept our house in the UK so we have a home to go back to. We realised that although living in Oz was a great exeprience, the things that make up our quality of life are in the UK. So home we go.

Hope you get some rest soon!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations and what a beautiful baby, you lucky thing.
I though last night was 'the night' but it was not to be, a lot of pain and not much else.
Good luck all
Nicki x
Old Oct 28th 2003, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jasmin
Congratulations and what a beautiful baby, you lucky thing.
I though last night was 'the night' but it was not to be, a lot of pain and not much else.
Good luck all
Nicki x

You're still here!! Everyone says the the pain becomes a distant memory as soon as you've had it. I'm sceptical but keeping an open mind!!! DaisyNZ can surely tell us.

Still wishing you good luck for whatever day 'it' chooses to make its entrance.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Just come back from the Obs, he says the head is well down and I am 2.5 cm dilated, he has given it a good poke, reckons it might be tonight!!!
Nicki x
Old Oct 28th 2003, 1:16 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Congratulations to all of you who are going to have a baby and to those of you who have had them!!!

Just wondered if any of you could answer my question?

I've been told that you can't fly when pregnant after a certain amount of weeks, does anyone know how many weeks?

If flying with a new born baby, how old does it have to be before it can fly? (on a plane!!)
Old Oct 28th 2003, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
Congratulations to all of you who are going to have a baby and to those of you who have had them!!!

Just wondered if any of you could answer my question?

I've been told that you can't fly when pregnant after a certain amount of weeks, does anyone know how many weeks?

If flying with a new born baby, how old does it have to be before it can fly? (on a plane!!)

I think it is something like you can't fly after 28 weeks, best check though as airlines are different. As for new borns, my midwife said at the time we flew that there is not any strict guidelines but if you can wait until they have had all their immunisation jabs (3 months) that is best. We flew to NZ when our second was 4 months.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

The pictures are lovely Sheryl, she looks gorgeous.

Assuming pregnancy is fine, you can fly with most airlines up to 36 weeks (might need a letter from doctor confirming that there are no problems and your dates) and I think babies can fly from 7 days old. We are planning to fly home when Our baby is about 5 weeks old depending on when the thing turns up!!

Three days to due date!!!

http://www.aircanada.ca/planning/bef...ant-child.html

The above link is Aircanadas policy on pregnant women and children flying.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Default Any news?

Anyone know if Jasmin and Daisymoll have had their babies yet? Look forward to hearing the good news.

Ellie is settling down nicely though not sleeping an awful lot. She's now a week and a half old and already so alert and bright. So far, I'm loving being a mother. However, my Mum went back to the UK on Tuesday and I miss her dreadfully. It was wonderful having her here, helping me out. Roll on next year when we go back!

Thanks to everybody for their compliments and congratulations on Ellie - much appreciated.

Gonna try and get some shut eye now but probably wishful thinking

Ta ta, Sheryl
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Just a quickie. I am still hanging in there, due date was yesterday, can't wait to meet my baby!
Nicki x
Old Oct 31st 2003, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jasmin
Just a quickie. I am still hanging in there, due date was yesterday, can't wait to meet my baby!
Nicki x
LOL!
I met up with my friend yesterday who had a baby 9 weeks ago - I will tell you when you come back AFTER the baby how many days overdue they ended up
Old Nov 1st 2003, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine you going too much longer if you were 2.5cm dilated already. Is it your first baby? And yes, you do forget the pain, why else would we have more children!!!!! During my second labour I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself never to do this again. We'd always wanted 3 children and as soon as I was holding baby number 2 I knew I would be back. It is a wonderful experience. All the best.