so long folks

Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:05 am

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: so long folks

Originally Posted by backagen
You make it sound as though you've made the decision at very short notice. There's no way I could go back in 2 weeks although I sometimes wish I could. For one thing I have to give my employer 3 months notice, and then there's the lease to negotiate and end date for, and a thousand other things to take care of.

Anyway you've obviously found a way so all the very best back in Scotland!
yes i can see that it mabye sounds a bit like it was a quick decisoin. but no we actually started planning months ago. i didnt have a permenent contract at work anyway so it was just a case of my last days going to be ... and that was that. we've not sorted out everything back at home - school for exampel, but we'll sort it when we get there. it wont be a problem as theres no issue with cathcment area or that in inverness and the kids have actually kept in touch with their classmates/teachers so they have email to say hurray up and get back!!!

we have taken a big hit financialy but i am doing everything i can not to think about that. so i'm not going to say anything about loss of deposits or anything else because i'm trying to brainwash myself that hasnt happened

thanks to you all for your kind words and support. hope you all get what you want in the near future
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:09 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
How long for you now Tracey?
19 sleeps!!!!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
19 sleeps!!!!!
Oh you lucky lucky girl
Well you deserve it cos you've been homesick and known what you've wanted for a very long time. Wish you all the best with the move, and don't disappear when you get to the other side
Ruby x
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Best wishes Caledonia and Tracey, hope the moves go well
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by caledonia
going on the internet is fine but its not suposed to be the hilight of the day is it??:
I have said it for years, Canada is boring with a capital "B", or is that "C".
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
19 sleeps!!!!!
Wow, Tracey is that all? Thats almost tomorrow!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:32 pm
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice

Originally Posted by caledonia
yes i can see that it mabye sounds a bit like it was a quick decisoin. but no we actually started planning months ago. i didnt have a permenent contract at work anyway so it was just a case of my last days going to be ... and that was that. we've not sorted out everything back at home - school for exampel, but we'll sort it when we get there. it wont be a problem as theres no issue with cathcment area or that in inverness and the kids have actually kept in touch with their classmates/teachers so they have email to say hurray up and get back!!!

we have taken a big hit financialy but i am doing everything i can not to think about that. so i'm not going to say anything about loss of deposits or anything else because i'm trying to brainwash myself that hasnt happened

thanks to you all for your kind words and support. hope you all get what you want in the near future
How long have you been in Oz? All the best back in bonnie Scotland
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
:

goodluck and please do post how things are back in scotland i have been away 18 months now (not long by some people, i know), i miss it soooooo much, but wonder how i'll feel back, will things irritate me more?? will i have moved on too much to settle back??

I thought I would let you know I had the same feeling as many of you on here worried about how I would feel about being home and I have been in the US for nearly 30 years.

Well last month I had a lovely time being back home. It was like putting that comfortable pair of shoes on. I loved everything about it. Well almost everything. Dont like all the rules and regulations but think I could live with them. The important thing to me was that I found somewhere I want to live I fitted in perfectly I felt like one of the crowd and just enjoyed the slower pace of life. Seeing family and friends was also part of it. The food was another thing although the not main thing but just being home was the best.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trottytrue
I thought I would let you know I had the same feeling as many of you on here worried about how I would feel about being home and I have been in the US for nearly 30 years.

Well last month I had a lovely time being back home. It was like putting that comfortable pair of shoes on. I loved everything about it. Well almost everything. Dont like all the rules and regulations but think I could live with them. The important thing to me was that I found somewhere I want to live I fitted in perfectly I felt like one of the crowd and just enjoyed the slower pace of life. Seeing family and friends was also part of it. The food was another thing although the not main thing but just being home was the best.

great news,

i cant wait to get back for the food (yep spent far too long eating scottish crap)
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

great news,

i cant wait to get back for the food (yep spent far too long eating scottish crap)
What is Scottish crap? Haggis? the look of it makes me puke

I was looking for mushy peas today in IGA, couldn't find any at all, so ended up in a British shop, got 4 tins in there..some things you just can't let go of.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
What is Scottish crap? Haggis? the look of it makes me puke

I was looking for mushy peas today in IGA, couldn't find any at all, so ended up in a British shop, got 4 tins in there..some things you just can't let go of.

hey, haggis is good with neeps'n'tatties
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Neeps tatties god i need to get a cook book
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

neeps'n tatties are great Seeing I'm a vegetarian, haggis, not so great

Although I would like to try the vegetarian version of haggis