so long folks

Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: so long folks

Best of luck Caledonia, won't be long til next week.

I will be moving back to Scotland next year too, hope it all goes well for you.

Just think you can now spend time with F&F regularly so you can spend your holidays doing something nice instead of the long haul in cattle class back to the UK, worth relocating just for that.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

You make it sound as though you've made the decision at very short notice. There's no way I could go back in 2 weeks although I sometimes wish I could. For one thing I have to give my employer 3 months notice, and then there's the lease to negotiate and end date for, and a thousand other things to take care of.

Anyway you've obviously found a way so all the very best back in Scotland!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

hesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant future

wish it was me all the best you lovescotland
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:04 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on a decision well taken and I hope that it works out fine.

Don't bother about spending too much time on the internet - it is self limiting and your achievements are greater than that!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Caledonia, you lucky thing. Wish it was me
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caledonia
i know what you mean.. i wonder how i will settle again. my wife i think will be ok as she didnt really like it here and missed her mum so much it kind off overuled everthing else. although i got lonley and homesick i do like it here too so i think theres loads i will miss. but the decicions made and we are going. just prey i'm not back on here next year saying were going back!!!
I've been back here (UK) since April and I found that i was more homesick over oz than I ever was over the UK. I'm getting there now, but my heart still aches for oz.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

Hasta Luego Caledonia. Wishing you all you wish for yourself in Scotland.

Being a Scot myself I would love one day to be able to live back there, up in the north of Scotland surrounded by the stunning beauty of it all...just a shame about the weather ....but good luck, remember you've achieved more than most already, and to return from Australia to such a beautiful country as Escotia is just the cherry on top iznit?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the years (crikey, it is years too!) I've tried to stay away from these forums, but to no avail. I found they were the only people who understood just how I felt.

All the very best back home. I'll not be far behind you.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Over the years (crikey, it is years too!) I've tried to stay away from these forums, but to no avail. I found they were the only people who understood just how I felt.

All the very best back home. I'll not be far behind you.
How long for you now Tracey?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:39 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caledonia
well after much discussion and arguing, were heading back home. i've stayed off the fourms as i felt they were adding to the pain - i now realise that when the hilight of you're day is going on the internet its time to go. going on the internet is fine but its not suposed to be the hilight of the day is it??

anyway, i still have a few contacts at home and have managed to land some work on a new builidng progect up north. the moneys not great but its enough. my wife is happy going back to her family and the kids are mixed feelings. i am also a bit strange as theyre are loads of things i like here but overall, its just not enough.

flights are booked for next tuesday. it feels weird now - looking around every day is stragne knowing we wont be here in two weeks time. weve not told everyone yet as dont want to prolong the agonies. not that theres many to tell lol!!! thanks to all who gave advise in the early days. will let you all no how things go back in scotland.
good luck one and all
you lucky thing, were about in Scotland are you heading??
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just had to say I love your username, Ruby Murray!

My daughter's name is Ruby and is often reffered to as Ruby Murray (I s'pose it doesn't help that her middle name is Marie! )
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Sorry to hijack the thread, but just had to say I love your username, Ruby Murray!

My daughter's name is Ruby and is often reffered to as Ruby Murray (I s'pose it doesn't help that her middle name is Marie! )
Thank-U! As my avatar says, it's after cockney rhyming slang for curry - the next best love of my life after my kids!! I too love the name Ruby - it's also my birthstone!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Thank-U! As my avatar says, it's after cockney rhyming slang for curry - the next best love of my life after my kids!! I too love the name Ruby - it's also my birthstone!
Yes I know (I come from Londoners!) My OH is a curry freak too - it's not how she got her name though
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Yes I know (I come from Londoners!) My OH is a curry freak too - it's not how she got her name though
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:59 am

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kez81
you lucky thing, were about in Scotland are you heading??
Inverness. will be staying with mother-in-law (shes actually alright!!) until we get our own accomodation sorted but she lives on the river and i have alwasy wanted to wake up in the morning and look out over the river so now i'll get that chance. myabe wont want to move out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.