Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So Long, Farewell..........

So Long, Farewell..........

Old May 15th 2007, 6:45 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: So Long, Farewell..........

Originally Posted by Treacle Tart
Bugger! Its not looking good is it?

I'll just have to be ruthless with what I pack and what I ship.

Thanks anyway.

hiya try hard, go to the office, like i am , i know of someone who did, shes a great friend of mine and she got it, with evidence of migration... i will let u all know how i get on, in person
Old May 15th 2007, 9:13 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I just had to let you in on our news....

House is sold, settlement is 26th June and our flights are booked for the 29th June!

It feels great to actually have something booked and not be in a state of limbo anymore!

I feel so positive, its the best I've felt in ages. Someone actually said to me the other day that I look younger, didn't realise I looked that old in the first place

Anyway just wanted to share, off to do a silly dance around the room, again!!
Can't wipe the smile off my face, not sure about looking younger, more like the village idiot at the moment, but I don't care because I'M GOING HOME!!!!
Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck!!!

I'm home at the moment - and it feels great!! I can't stop marvelling at the lush greeness of the country side and every time we pass a field with cows and/or horses in I say to the kids "Oh wow.....look....there's a field with horses in it!!!" Kids think I'm mad........but it's gorgeous!!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

House is sold, settlement is 26th June and our flights are booked for the 29th June!

It feels great to actually have something booked and not be in a state of limbo anymore!

I feel so positive, its the best I've felt in ages. Someone actually said to me the other day that I look younger, didn't realise I looked that old in the first place

Can't wipe the smile off my face, not sure about looking younger, more like the village idiot at the moment, but I don't care because I'M GOING HOME!!!!
Congratulations

I am really pleased for you, if not a little envious
it must be such a great feeling, and you will be home in time for summer
Old May 15th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh TT I am really happy for you, now that you have made your decision and that your house is sold

Just wanted to wish you well, and to thank you once again for our chat the other week.

I have been trying to stay out of the MBTUK forum, to see if I can become more positive about being here - it hasn't made any difference though!

Good luck with everything!

Jo x
Old May 15th 2007, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Congratulations

I am really pleased for you, if not a little envious
it must be such a great feeling, and you will be home in time for summer
Nevermind Sandra, we can bang our heads together whilst everyone else is bogging off to UK

Paul said he suffered after that Vindaloo
Old May 15th 2007, 10:36 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Thank you everyone for all your replies and for all the support over the past few months. It has been a great help to know that people felt the same as I did, some days I felt like I had two heads

I just want to wish all of you waiting to return, the best of luck, your turn will soon come.

Love Deb xx
Old May 15th 2007, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for all your replies and for all the support over the past few months. It has been a great help to know that people felt the same as I did, some days I felt like I had two heads

I just want to wish all of you waiting to return, the best of luck, your turn will soon come.

Love Deb xx
Sorry forgot to say good luck

I only come on BE because i am bored!!! not once did i even consider doing anything like this back in UK, never had time, always busy. I too feel like i have two heads

At least your out of here....good on ya girl!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 11:09 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Treacle Tart - enjoy your last few weeks in Oz - life in the UK is pretty damn good IMO and we have been promised the hottest summer ever!! (although I have to admit it is drizzling today )

P.S on the baggage stuff - we flew home with Singapore Airlines - booked through Flight Centre - after some wrangling we got 40kg for each adult and 20 kg for each child - also at the airport you can send extra baggage air freight and it is much cheaper than excess baggage and should arrive at Heathrow at the same time as you!!
Old May 16th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Nevermind Sandra, we can bang our heads together whilst everyone else is bogging off to UK

Paul said he suffered after that Vindaloo

Andrew and my bedroom did not smell to well either
Old May 16th 2007, 12:53 am
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold

Glad you are so happy, you must feel that youv'e won the lottery, have a safe journey home to the UK. N
Old May 16th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Treacle tart, I am sure you will enjoy being back in the Uk!
I know I was soooooooo glad when I stepped off the plane after we landed in manchester, I cannot describe the feeling (and I was only there for a holiday) The feeling was just something I have never experienced before, it was like I was 'home' again with real people in a real country! It was heaven.
But sadly we had to return to NZ, but at least we have sold up here now, so one less thing to do.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:50 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rascal
I cannot describe the feeling (and I was only there for a holiday) The feeling was just something I have never experienced before, it was like I was 'home' again with real people in a real country! It was heaven.
But sadly we had to return to NZ,
I know exactly what you're saying Rascal. The closest I could come to describing that feeling when you get home is that it's like complete contentment comes over you... like heaving a big sigh and feeling "I belong". I agree, it is heaven.
Getting back on that plane to head back to NZ is a struggle for me. I always cry when the plane takes off - hubby cringes (him a kiwi - no understand).

Best wishes to you too Treacle Tart.
Old May 16th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

There just isn't a word for it is there? Its a feeling that nothing else can match.
Shall we invent a word for it?
I am sure there are lots of us who have experienced it now!
I had to keep reminding myself when I was returning was that I was only going back to sell up and sort things out, it made it slightly easier.
But cant wait for that day when I can say "I'm home-and this time-FOR GOOD"
Old May 16th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Did you find yourself talking to everybody you bumped into?
I wanted to jump up and down, run round and shout from the top of my voice
HELLO Britain, I am home!!
Five years away is a long time. Its like serving a prison sentance isn't it?
Old May 16th 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Seasprite. We are treating ourselves to a holiday over east before we go back, gawd knows when we'll be able to afford another one!
So going to make the most of the time we have left as I'm sure it will be a while before we come this way again, if ever.
I wish I was treacle, good luck to you, and perhaps one day I will dancing around the room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.