Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

So Long, Farewell..........

So Long, Farewell..........

Old May 15th 2007, 2:01 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all
Default So Long, Farewell..........

Well I just had to let you in on our news....

House is sold, settlement is 26th June and our flights are booked for the 29th June!

It feels great to actually have something booked and not be in a state of limbo anymore!

I feel so positive, its the best I've felt in ages. Someone actually said to me the other day that I look younger, didn't realise I looked that old in the first place

Anyway just wanted to share, off to do a silly dance around the room, again!!
Can't wipe the smile off my face, not sure about looking younger, more like the village idiot at the moment, but I don't care because I'M GOING HOME!!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Long, Farewell..........

Originally Posted by Treacle Tart

House is sold, settlement is 26th June and our flights are booked for the 29th June!

It feels great to actually have something booked and not be in a state of limbo anymore!

I feel so positive, its the best I've felt in ages. Someone actually said to me the other day that I look younger, didn't realise I looked that old in the first place

Can't wipe the smile off my face, not sure about looking younger, more like the village idiot at the moment, but I don't care because I'M GOING HOME!!!!
Fantastic news, glad that you're feeling a lot better about it.

How long have you been here? We've been here 5 months and we're due to go back to the UK for a hol in June but I really dont think that I wanna come back, its like groundhog day everyday here, I'm bored out of my brains!! lol

All the best back in blighty anyway!
Old May 15th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Oh Treacle Tart I am just so happy for you, its a huge wait off your shoulders isn't it, I know that feeling inside you have right now and its awesome!

You keep doing that happy dance girl and keep us uptodate on how everything is going!

Where are you going back to?

and pretty please some scenic photos when you get home, I miss the scenery so much.

Good luck
Di

Old May 15th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh thats sooooooo nice to hear someone whose a happy bunny and not in a state of indecision. Bestest of luck.

I'm off in Sept (seems aeons away) on holiday to make sure its the right decision as have ping'd home and pong'd back.......
Nice to her you're feeling really positive again too.
Enjoy and keep smiling....ahh country pubs.......rape fields.....woods.....

Plants - if you want to have a look at piccies of Uk countryside - it is a bit like torture, but google UK countryside - makes me smile and want to cry every time and I still do it!

Byeeeeee

Old May 15th 2007, 3:31 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wafc
Fantastic news, glad that you're feeling a lot better about it.

How long have you been here? We've been here 5 months and we're due to go back to the UK for a hol in June but I really dont think that I wanna come back, its like groundhog day everyday here, I'm bored out of my brains!! lol

All the best back in blighty anyway!
Hi wafc, I have been here since Jan 2006. I know what you mean about groundhog day Have a great hol, I hope it makes your mind up, nothing worse than feeling unsure.

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Oh Treacle Tart I am just so happy for you, its a huge wait off your shoulders isn't it, I know that feeling inside you have right now and its awesome!

You keep doing that happy dance girl and keep us uptodate on how everything is going!

Where are you going back to?

and pretty please some scenic photos when you get home, I miss the scenery so much.

Good luck
Di
Hi Di

We are returning to London/Kent borders.

Yes I miss the scenery but I also miss the London skyline, Its my home.

Promise to post piccies.

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Ahh thats sooooooo nice to hear someone whose a happy bunny and not in a state of indecision. Bestest of luck.

I'm off in Sept (seems aeons away) on holiday to make sure its the right decision as have ping'd home and pong'd back.......
Nice to her you're feeling really positive again too.
Enjoy and keep smiling....ahh country pubs.......rape fields.....woods.....

Plants - if you want to have a look at piccies of Uk countryside - it is a bit like torture, but google UK countryside - makes me smile and want to cry every time and I still do it!

Byeeeeee
Thanks birdy, good luck in sept.
Old May 15th 2007, 3:48 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Oh your happiness comes across in your post!

i remember booking my flights, and now you are going home before me!! lol, we have 11 weeks to go, and boy im counting! iv just a had removal man round! exciting hey?

goodluck
Old May 15th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy for you and as you can see by my colour....so very jealous.

Good luck and be happy,

LibbyX
Old May 15th 2007, 5:23 pm
Back to the future!

Originally Posted by mandtooz
Oh your happiness comes across in your post!

i remember booking my flights, and now you are going home before me!! lol, we have 11 weeks to go, and boy im counting! iv just a had removal man round! exciting hey?

goodluck
Thanks mand I am happy. Was just wondering if you had managed to get extra baggage allowance for your flight back to uk? We are flying with Emirates and were given 40kg on our flight to Oz but when I spoke to someone at Emirates the other day he said we were only allowed 20kg (well I think he said that, had a bit of trouble understanding him )

Originally Posted by LIBBY
I am so happy for you and as you can see by my colour....so very jealous.

Good luck and be happy,

LibbyX

Thank you Libby,

It'll soon be your turn, chin luv xx
Old May 15th 2007, 5:32 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Treacle Tart;4786976]Thanks mand I am happy. Was just wondering if you had managed to get extra baggage allowance for your flight back to uk? We are flying with Emirates and were given 40kg on our flight to Oz but when I spoke to someone at Emirates the other day he said we were only allowed 20kg (well I think he said that, had a bit of trouble understanding him )

pmsl, well we are going to try, we are flying singapore and have been told!!! she says, that if we take some evidence of migration that we may be able to secure extra baggage???? have got removal evidence, and end of lease(wouldnt ship my stuff to other side of world if we werent going) so going to give this ago next week, will pm you the results!!
Old May 15th 2007, 5:37 pm
Back to the future!

[QUOTE=mandtooz;4786993]
Thanks mand I am happy. Was just wondering if you had managed to get extra baggage allowance for your flight back to uk? We are flying with Emirates and were given 40kg on our flight to Oz but when I spoke to someone at Emirates the other day he said we were only allowed 20kg (well I think he said that, had a bit of trouble understanding him )

pmsl, well we are going to try, we are flying singapore and have been told!!! she says, that if we take some evidence of migration that we may be able to secure extra baggage???? have got removal evidence, and end of lease(wouldnt ship my stuff to other side of world if we werent going) so going to give this ago next week, will pm you the results!!
Thanks for that, do you think 8 suitcases for the four of us will be enough evidence?
Old May 15th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl, well we are going to try, we are flying singapore and have been told!!! she says, that if we take some evidence of migration that we may be able to secure extra baggage???? have got removal evidence, and end of lease(wouldnt ship my stuff to other side of world if we werent going) so going to give this ago next week, will pm you the results!! [/QUOTE]

It never entered my head when I flew back about the extra allowance. I secured it before i went to aus. I only realised when I got to Adelaide airport and put the case on the scales and the young man at the desk said IT'S OVER

HOW MUCH i asked....LOTs he said..lol

This is when he said I was only allowed 20kg. They gave me a box to put some stuff in and i paid excess baggage!

Hope you have better luck.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray, bet you feel great. Enjoy the last days there
Old May 15th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

I rang Singapore Air up recently re extra baggage for returning home and they told me that we'd still only be allowed the usual amount, but they do allow up to 25kg each. Not exactly what we wanted to hear!
Old May 15th 2007, 6:39 pm
Back to the future!

Originally Posted by wafc
I rang Singapore Air up recently re extra baggage for returning home and they told me that we'd still only be allowed the usual amount, but they do allow up to 25kg each. Not exactly what we wanted to hear!
Bugger! Its not looking good is it?

I'll just have to be ruthless with what I pack and what I ship.

Thanks anyway.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:43 pm
Back to the future!

Originally Posted by seasprite
Hooray, bet you feel great. Enjoy the last days there
Thanks Seasprite. We are treating ourselves to a holiday over east before we go back, gawd knows when we'll be able to afford another one!
So going to make the most of the time we have left as I'm sure it will be a while before we come this way again, if ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.