so good to be back

Old Jun 15th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point
Default so good to be back

we have now been back for two weeks and its wonderful. The place is alive and the weather is good to. We have been sitting outside until 10pm and not been bitten once. We have rented a house on a farm with countyside all around. You forget how lovely the uk is. Its great to have friends and family close by. Wonderful shops and take out food. So cheap. Early days i no but not one thought for aus. Its great to be back...... Where has pants gone....... good luck to you all traveling back to the uk
Old Jun 15th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

angelica will become famous soon enoughangelica will become famous soon enough
Default Re: so good to be back

Originally posted by friends
we have now been back for two weeks and its wonderful. The place is alive and the weather is good to. We have been sitting outside until 10pm and not been bitten once. We have rented a house on a farm with countyside all around. You forget how lovely the uk is. Its great to have friends and family close by. Wonderful shops and take out food. So cheap. Early days i no but not one thought for aus. Its great to be back...... Where has pants gone....... good luck to you all traveling back to the uk
Good to hear its going well for you now you are back! The rental house you have sounds lovely, whereabouts are you? We are up in the north west of England & we still love it, been back nearly 4 months already! Time flies when youre having fun!!

Keep in touch! Angelica
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:32 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

In the summer in Perth we sat out but it would be dark by 8pm at the latest. Then there is the fly repellent to smother over yourself, lovely.

I forgot just how nice it is to be able to see after 9.30pm in the UK during the summer months, it's great and not a biting mossie in sight!!! No stinking of fly spray!

Good to be home isn't it
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by angelica
Good to hear its going well for you now you are back! The rental house you have sounds lovely, whereabouts are you? We are up in the north west of England & we still love it, been back nearly 4 months already! Time flies when youre having fun!!

Keep in touch! Angelica
we are in bedfordshire and it sooooo great to be back. Everyone has gone football crazy. It feels alive here compared to perth. Everywhere you look there are england flags even out of car windows. Everyone seems happy and friendly. I forgot how green everywhere is. We are living in the heart of the country side but still near all the shops and schools. Its really is a lovely spot. Could not have wished for a better rental.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

we are in bedfordshire and it sooooo great to be back. Everyone has gone football crazy. It feels alive here compared to perth. Everywhere you look there are england flags even out of car windows. Everyone seems happy and friendly. I forgot how green everywhere is. We are living in the heart of the country side but still near all the shops and schools. Its really is a lovely spot. Could not have wished for a better rental.
Hi Friends
Glad to hear you are enjoying being back. I know what you mean about the green....there's a lot to be said for endless rain!!! I love being back in the lush green countryside...something I really missed while being in the big smoke in Oz.
Hope you have a great summer.
HP
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:50 am
Just Joined

aich is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a very encouraging read since we are about to embark on that trip. Thank you for sharing and good luck - never look back!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
In the summer in Perth we sat out but it would be dark by 8pm at the latest. Then there is the fly repellent to smother over yourself, lovely.

I forgot just how nice it is to be able to see after 9.30pm in the UK during the summer months, it's great and not a biting mossie in sight!!! No stinking of fly spray!

Good to be home isn't it
First time for me in here so forgive intrusion....yeah it's nice the long light evenings...here in Scotland even lighter until gone 11pm and right in north it doesnae get dark properly at all. BUT wait till winter.....dark before 5pm and in north by 4pm hee hee. Enjoy being back in UK.

Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:54 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Lothianlad
First time for me in here so forgive intrusion....yeah it's nice the long light evenings...here in Scotland even lighter until gone 11pm and right in north it doesnae get dark properly at all. BUT wait till winter.....dark before 5pm and in north by 4pm hee hee. Enjoy being back in UK.

To be honest we didn't go to OZ for the weather but it was on the list of reasons why we came back!!!

After all, I would rather be tucked up inside my house through a UK winter with the central heating than baking alive in my house in Perth with no way to cool down.

In the Uk I can ride my horsey anytime of year, but in OZ half the time it's far to hot
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:15 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
To be honest we didn't go to OZ for the weather but it was on the list of reasons why we came back!!!

After all, I would rather be tucked up inside my house through a UK winter with the central heating than baking alive in my house in Perth with no way to cool down.

In the Uk I can ride my horsey anytime of year, but in OZ half the time it's far to hot
Absolutely agree with you Janey, the heat in Perth can simply be oppressive. People so often think of how lovely it would be to move to a sunny climate but fail to realise that trying to carry on normal activities can be near impossible when it starts hitting mid to high 30's and beyond.