Smile? Erm....no

Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:18 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smile? Erm....no

Does anyone else hate it when people tell you to smile?

I have been quite down in the dumps for a while because of wanting to move back to England and various other probs, lots on my mind, etc, and as a result, I have become somewhat of a recluse. I work in an office by myself, and go out for a smoke very quickly so as not to depress anyone with my face that does a great impression of a smacked arse.

There's one guy who works here who I may be forced to strangle very soon. Every time he sees me, he says "Smile!!!! You have to smile when you see me, or else!!!!" Don't get me wrong, I know he means well by trying to cheer me up, but OMG, BUGGER OFF!!!! I could smile, but that would be fake, so I'd rather just not be around people and try to avoid them! If they don't like seeing a misery-guts, they should look the other way!

My dog is the only thing that keeps me sane. Last night, I was throwing her squeaky ball down the hallway, and she somehow got ahead of it and the ball bounced off her tiny noggin and she looked so shocked! I cried, but it was with laughter!!

Anyway, just fancied a moan.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smile? Erm....no

Right, the next time he tells you to smile you can say the following;

'I only smile when I have my vibrating love eggs inside me and then I can smile for England if you like'

Or wear one of those 'Scream' masks and insist on wearing it to work.

Or each time you see him, have hysterical, forced laughter and start doing Stephen Hawkings impressions on the floor.

By yourself a Tony Blair rubber mask - the one where he is smiling all the time a cheesy Cheshire cat grin and wear it to work.

Failing that, the next time he says 'smile', tell him ' I dont feel like smiling as I have my period so kindly sod off'

Nowt like womens trouble to shut men up.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:26 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Mumble "my facial muscles were paralysed by my last stroke"

I think they'll be sorry they asked
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:37 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Nowt like womens trouble to shut men up.
Excellent replies, peeps!!

I know the women's trouble thing works well. If boys at school stole my satchel and threw it to each other over my head, I used to tell them to be careful as my tampons might fall out. They'd drop it like it contained a vial of the plague virus!!!

Last edited by katesbackagain; Jun 21st 2007 at 9:42 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Excellent replies, peeps!!

I know the women's trouble things works well. If boys at school stole my satchel and threw it to each other over my head, I used to tell them to be careful as my tampons might fall out. They'd drop it like it contained a vial of the plague virus!!!
Ive got one for you!

(jumps up and down in excitement)

Wear some tampons dangling on each ear and have a T shirt saying 'I am on my period, please do not talk to me'

Then start leaving magazines with sanitary towel adverts lying around.

Proudly announce that you would like chocolate right now because your hormones demand it.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get that all the time in the States. I'd be at my desk doing my job.....which was investigating Death Claims for an Insurance company and some perky woman in my office would come by and tell me to smile. I wanted to bitch slap her into next week.......I mean come on.........I'm reading a freaking autopsy and the stupid woman would tell me to smile.......one time I had enough of her and I looked up.....smiled and told her to F**k off & die and I do have to say she never told me to smile again.

I am considering using that approach again with all the idiots that take it upon themselves to stop & tell me (while I am having my first cigarette in 3 hours) that smoking is bad for me.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:04 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Erm Scout are you a Dr Tigger/Mr Eeyore type of person?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Erm Scout are you a Dr Tigger/Mr Eeyore type of person?

No...........I just get very bad PMS.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Does anyone else hate it when people tell you to smile?

I have been quite down in the dumps for a while because of wanting to move back to England and various other probs, lots on my mind, etc, and as a result, I have become somewhat of a recluse. I work in an office by myself, and go out for a smoke very quickly so as not to depress anyone with my face that does a great impression of a smacked arse.

There's one guy who works here who I may be forced to strangle very soon. Every time he sees me, he says "Smile!!!! You have to smile when you see me, or else!!!!" Don't get me wrong, I know he means well by trying to cheer me up, but OMG, BUGGER OFF!!!! I could smile, but that would be fake, so I'd rather just not be around people and try to avoid them! If they don't like seeing a misery-guts, they should look the other way!

My dog is the only thing that keeps me sane. Last night, I was throwing her squeaky ball down the hallway, and she somehow got ahead of it and the ball bounced off her tiny noggin and she looked so shocked! I cried, but it was with laughter!!

Anyway, just fancied a moan.

the head at my last school once said hello, come on give us a smile it cant be that bad? My reply "yes it is" didnt even stop her in her tracks she just smiled and said "GOOOOOOOD" in a very condescending tone, and carried on walking away. mind she never asked again.

I had a sign made by some of my colleagues with a face saying "Does this face look happy"