Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Single mother moving back to UK

Wikiposts

Single mother moving back to UK

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:39 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single mother moving back to UK

Originally Posted by AliMcG
Thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it. Do you know this to be fact or just casual knowledge you heard about. I ask this as I am prepared to leave for the UK but with no residence and very little money I don't want to make a silly mistake at the cost of my son and his wellbeing. Leaving my husband will not be easy but I will make this sacrifice if I know I will receive some financial aid and support. The thought of being on the street on my own with a baby fills me with dread.
Mum works for DWP as a decision maker and she has granted a number of similar claims recently....so I know this to be true
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:27 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Believe me, far less deserving people who come to the UK and do not even hold British nationality, and have never contributed so much as one penny piece to the "system" have managed to obtain social welfare payments, and even free housing and all that goes with it, thanks to the "largesse" of the late and much unlamented Labour Government.
Not unlamented by everyone. I have a lot of friends in the UK doing a lot of lamenting right now
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:09 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We moan about UK government helping out people in need, but tbh, I'd rather have a socially responsible society with welfare provision and free healthcare at the point of delivery, which, although we moan constantly about it, is still the envy of the world, than any of the alternatives.... It's something that we as a nation have always done

Yes the cutbacks are tough and hard to swallow, but the fact is that the UK lived beyond it's means for a little too long and didn't save anything when things were good. So now we have to suck it up again (I'm having a sense of deja vu.... anyone remember the early 80's, when the last conservative government came into power?) It will be tough, no doubt about it, but it's not forever, either the condems will start spending again, or an election will change the policy.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:37 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
(I'm having a sense of deja vu.... anyone remember the early 80's, when the last conservative government came into power?)
Oh yes. That's why I'm here.

Can't believe I waited until there was another Tory government before going home. Sucker for punishment I guess