Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Signing on (Jobseekers Allowance)

Wikiposts

Signing on (Jobseekers Allowance)

Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Signing on (Jobseekers Allowance)

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well, plenty of people abroad and not returning do that anyway, with an eye on their pension even if it is frozen in some countries
But plugging a gap between old contributions and the expected new ones could come across that way.

Signing up for a long term tenancy would be good.

One other thing. In the event of being turned down as not habitually resident when there's plenty to say otherwise, ask for a review/appeal. That usually means someone more familiar with the finer points gets to see it. Ultimately if they feel they can't persuade a tribunal of the correctness of their decision, it won't go that far.

Perversely, it was an appeal tribunal that arbitrarily allowed benefit after what they decided was a reasonable period in the UK and some staff took their lead.
Yeah I appreciate a lot of people do that anyway, but taken along with a lot of other stuff, I'm thinking of it being part of a cumulative pile of evidence
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah I appreciate a lot of people do that anyway, but taken along with a lot of other stuff, I'm thinking of it being part of a cumulative pile of evidence
And you can always be nice too.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And you can always be nice too.
ME?!! NICE??
Actually, many years walking in public service roles means I'm always nice to people in roles like that - until the point where they do/say something stupid If they're polite and try to help, I'm the same in return, works both ways - as I'm sure you know
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 1:14 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
...the point where they do/say something stupid ...
Now why did you have to go and remind me of John and Debbie?

They both took such delight in making things difficult for people.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Now why did you have to go and remind me of John and Debbie?

They both took such delight in making things difficult for people.
which is so stupid, dealing with forms and officialdom is stressful enough without someone making it even more difficult.