British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   showers at Changi - any thoughts?! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/showers-changi-any-thoughts-666442/)

Stoof May 2nd 2010 7:49 am

showers at Changi - any thoughts?!

we're transitting through Changi on our way home in a few weeks… previously we've either been there long enough to book into a transit hotel, or short enough not to leave the gate whilst they clean and refuel… this time we've got 3.5hours (and a 3.5 year old and 11 week old baby), and i know i'm going to be desperate for a shower!! i've checked out the Changi website, but am not sure which showers would be best?

any thoughts based on your experiences?? do you have to pay to get into the lounge to use the showers? are there any showers which are just showers and not part of a lounge?

of all the things i could be focusing on/worrying about i've chosen the showers at Changi!! Please help! :blink:

thanks everso!

ozhappy981 May 2nd 2010 7:51 am

Re: showers at Changi - any thoughts?!

Why not book into the transit hotel for three hours (they always book by the hour)?

You'll have a room to spread out all that baby gear. And everyone can have a shower. (And if you're lucky, the two kids will nap.)

Stoof May 2nd 2010 8:54 am

a-ha…. I had this very thought a few weeks ago and then forgot all about it!! THANK YOU! transit hotel booked! best find something else to worry about now… let me think….

Polly May 2nd 2010 9:44 am

Yes, I have showered at Changhi - with the early checkin times at departure point, it can be hours and hours since a shower was had.

When you get off the plane, there are signs showing showers - I cant remember where they are but you have to be jolly quick as well - they are quite a way off. I had to pay 5 Singapore pounds but the rush, the long walk and paying, were soooooooo worth it!

Good luck!
Polly

Geranium May 3rd 2010 4:48 pm

I remember years ago having a longish stop off and we used a pool at the airport hotel, was amazing.

G

dunroving May 3rd 2010 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Geranium (Post 8539411)
I remember years ago having a longish stop off and we used a pool at the airport hotel, was amazing.

G

I hope you didn't take your soap and shampoo in with you.

jad n rich May 3rd 2010 11:53 pm

Used the showers at changi on way back to oz, $8 each person, OK, odd shower though, the water restricted head was high up on the ceiling and you felt like you had to duck around to get any water. When you come out fresh towel and tea/coffee/water is complimentary in the foyer. Top floor of airport.

Polly May 4th 2010 6:17 pm

At the end of a very long day - didnt have much to laugh about - except, that is, when I read jad rich's comment right at the end of the email : it didnt half make me laugh ...... oh so true!!!!!

Let's see a few more of those jad......
Polly