Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Should I Stay or Should I Go ???

Should I Stay or Should I Go ???

Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:02 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I Stay or Should I Go ???

Originally Posted by Shivster
Been there, done that, got the Green Card!

I met my US husband when I was living in Spain. I wanted to leave Spain but wasn't sure I wanted to go back to the UK. I'd never ever wanted to live in the US. Nice place to visit but not for life. US hubby was looking for jobs in the EU and Dubai so I never thought he was stuck on the US forever.

I moved over here and shortly after he announced that not only was he never going to leave the US, he was never going to leave Massachusetts. It gets worse. His mother was sick and we had to move into a basement apt in her house. I have the evil old hag upstairs, her insane 3rd husband, hubby's grandfather who's 101 living a few yards away and a ton of other inlaws within shouting distance, and do they ever like to shout!

I've been thinking about going since the first year here but stuck it out hoping that maybe some inlaws will drop off and it will all get better but it's pretty sick to live your life every day wishing people would just hurry up and die!

I wish to hell I'd never moved here. I either should have made sure that hubby would leave the US or simply not married him. Four years on and I'm planning to go home. Alone.

Have you been a member here before?? Your story sounds very familiar to someone else who used to post.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Have you been a member here before?? Your story sounds very familiar to someone else who used to post.
No I've been a lurker for a while though.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:25 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shivster
No I've been a lurker for a while though.
OK fair enough. I hope your move back home goes well and wish you all the best. Welcome to the forum.