Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Which should I apply for first - Pet passport or spouse visa?

Wikiposts

Which should I apply for first - Pet passport or spouse visa?

Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

drhewitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which should I apply for first - Pet passport or spouse visa?

Hi, this is my situation.

I have two girls who are citizens and have US and UK passports. I have a UK and US passport.

The only paperwork we will need to do is for my wife who is a US citizen and our cat.

It takes 6 months to get a pet passport but my question is which should I do first, the spouse visa or the pet passport?

How long is a spouse visa good for?

Many thanks
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:39 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which should I apply for first - Pet passport or spouse visa?

I would be inclined to sort out the cat first - the spousal visa for the UK only takes a matter of a few weeks to get.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which should I apply for first - Pet passport or spouse visa?

It is more like 6 weeks worth of rabies shots then 6 months waiting after the bloodtest, so 7.5 months for pets.

Luckily spouses don't require rabies shots, so deal with the animals first I reckon.