Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

AvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud ofAvromShalom has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Has to be Tesco's for me too. I always used to be able to come up with new ideas for things to cook for dinner in Tesco's. They have all the kind of stuff I like, yet after 5 years of shopping at Publix supermarket, I still struggle with what to buy each time. I end up making the same old crap all the time, cos the food they have here never changes. Very depressing at xmas when the shelves are heaving with goodies in Tesco's, yet there's nothing special to buy here.
Ain't that the truth the range and quality of stuff in Publix is totally crap compared to a Sainsburys or Tesco.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
I bought some shoes last week, they are killing me cos they are too tight.

I am only a size 4 (UK), 6 here, so don't know if they do the smaller the feet the narrower they are.

I've asked my MIL to send me 5 pairs of shoes over from the UK
In the UK it was the same sort of thing with clothes, if you were a small size you must be 5ft 2" or under for the 'petite' range or the teenagers clothes, which, much as I like to look fashionable, I don't want to be 'mutton dressed-up as lamb' I haven't even attempted clothes shopping here for me yet, too scared looking at some of the locals dress sense :scared:
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:19 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Got to be genuine UK vinegary mint sauce though - I find the stuff over here is either mint jelly,or is too sweet.
The British shop do very well out of me for colemans mint sauce, tartare sauce, mustard etc not to mention bisto, branston and piccalili and fig rolls.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meljor
The British shop do very well out of me for colemans mint sauce, tartare sauce, mustard etc not to mention bisto, branston and piccalili and fig rolls.
we found an acceptable replacement for colemans in the form of Masterfoods extra hot english mustard. My husband who loves his mustard says it's nice.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:40 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
In the UK it was the same sort of thing with clothes, if you were a small size you must be 5ft 2" or under for the 'petite' range or the teenagers clothes, which, much as I like to look fashionable, I don't want to be 'mutton dressed-up as lamb' I haven't even attempted clothes shopping here for me yet, too scared looking at some of the locals dress sense :scared:
Dress 'sense'?? Are you sure you wouldn't like to re-phrase that?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:44 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
we found an acceptable replacement for colemans in the form of Masterfoods extra hot english mustard. My husband who loves his mustard says it's nice.
I agree with your hubby, it is a decent mustard, but I still frequent 'The Taste of Britain' and buy Colmans when I can. I love mustard, all kinds (one of the reasons I loved going to France), but can't get the choice here. Shame Myer did away with their food hall, they used to sell genuine French moutard.Yum!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:46 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And your point is

You won't be in the queue then? Phew, just me, NB and Wendy then, forming an orderly like to send texts
No, my hubby is sexier than him and I know where he's been, at least I think I do!

So is it 'dirty talk' you're after and not just SW's body then?

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 15th 2007 at 12:49 am.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I agree with your hubby, it is a decent mustard, but I still frequent 'The Taste of Britain' and buy Colmans when I can. I love mustard, all kinds (one of the reasons I loved going to France), but can't get the choice here. Shame Myer did away with their food hall, they used to sell genuine French moutard.Yum!
Pickled red cabbage, pickled beetroot and bisto gravy browning are the things I go for, everything else I have found a reasonable substitute. Although I am always tempted by the Turkish Delights when I go in there!!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

No, my hubby is sexier than him and I know where he's been, at least I think I do!

So is it 'dirty talk' you're after and not just SW's body then?
absolutely, i don't need intellectual conversation just a good seeing too
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:51 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok and probably the best on offer, but give me Colemans anyday.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:52 am
'In limboland'

Talking Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

absolutely, i don't need intellectual conversation just a good seeing too

I'm sure he'd oblige if you asked him nicely.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Dress 'sense'?? Are you sure you wouldn't like to re-phrase that?
No. Why?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:13 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
No. Why?
Just a joke, being as you said dress 'sense'! Didn't know they had any here.

Love your avatar btw.