Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:52 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
There are so so many to name but a few Next,Morrisons,Boots ,John Lewis
La Senza,Debenhams,Marks and Spencers,Asda,New Look,Dorothy Perkins,
House of Fraser,TK Maxx.
Ditto - plus Tesco and the cheap tacky shops which just sell tinsel for a month.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

ditto
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:00 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
PS I wouldn't fancy ever living in Perth either, so you're right, we are all different. Guess I dont like being remote and cut off from places. We have the moon for that.
Yeh and they are planning to colonise it..did you know? Me and Helen Clarke (and 4 million other kiwis) will vouch for you in your application if you like
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:10 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Oh, and Macarthur Glen outlets
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

NEXT for good quality work-wear. H&M for cheapie fashion clothes, Ready-made meals from Tesco/M&S, John Lewis, Amazon.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:25 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
NEXT for good quality work-wear. H&M for cheapie fashion clothes,
Ditto.

Selfridges lingerie and swimwear department, because they have a great range of Freya stuff - when I mentioned to an assistant in David Jones that manufacturers do make bras in small sizes (30) with large cups (D+), she was gobsmacked! Things are getting better though - DJs does now have a limited stock of Freya, though not swimwear grrrrr. Silly old me for thinking that swimwear would be better out here!

I miss Zara, Ravel, Top Shop, Oasis, Warehouse, Faith, and even shops like Bay Trading, Dorothy Perkins and River Island on the really bad days...

But I am finding alternatives, and learning to accept that things often cost more here. I've spent loads in the sales, though mainly on tops because strangely enough trousers don't seem to feature in the sales
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
Ditto.

Selfridges lingerie and swimwear department, because they have a great range of Freya stuff - when I mentioned to an assistant in David Jones that manufacturers do make bras in small sizes (30) with large cups (D+), she was gobsmacked! Things are getting better though - DJs does now have a limited stock of Freya, though not swimwear grrrrr. Silly old me for thinking that swimwear would be better out here!

I miss Zara, Ravel, Top Shop, Oasis, Warehouse, Faith, and even shops like Bay Trading, Dorothy Perkins and River Island on the really bad days...

But I am finding alternatives, and learning to accept that things often cost more here. I've spent loads in the sales, though mainly on tops because strangely enough trousers don't seem to feature in the sales
Have you tried UK-based Bravissimo.com? They will ship international, and stock a huge range of Fantasie and Freya swimwear. I used to have a nightmare buying bras in Oz. David Jones in Melbourne had a small range of Fantasie (funnily enough, only swimwear, not bras - but that was several years ago) but I could never get anything pretty in a 32E size.
Figleaves.com has a great range of small back/large cup size but not sure if they ship overseas.

I loved the Aussie Sea Folly label but could never ever find anything to fit properly so never actually owned anything by them.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Tescos, tescos finest, tescos variety, tescos prices, tescos books. Everything about Tescos really.

I miss house of fraser, Debenhams, Gap, River Island - (it might have had a revamp after you left Shels) fab stuff in there now. USC, republic, umm what else. Having B and q and wickes and homebase rather than just overpriced Bunnings.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:15 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Have you tried UK-based Bravissimo.com? They will ship international, and stock a huge range of Fantasie and Freya swimwear. I used to have a nightmare buying bras in Oz. David Jones in Melbourne had a small range of Fantasie (funnily enough, only swimwear, not bras - but that was several years ago) but I could never get anything pretty in a 32E size.
Figleaves.com has a great range of small back/large cup size but not sure if they ship overseas.

I loved the Aussie Sea Folly label but could never ever find anything to fit properly so never actually owned anything by them.
Figleaves do ship, not that I have tried it but was very tempted untill I came across a fab woman who knows her stuff in Myer at highpoint and got a really good triumph bra. David Jones didn't have a good selection of Freya when I last went in just before Christmas.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:46 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Has to be Tesco's for me too. I always used to be able to come up with new ideas for things to cook for dinner in Tesco's. They have all the kind of stuff I like, yet after 5 years of shopping at Publix supermarket, I still struggle with what to buy each time. I end up making the same old crap all the time, cos the food they have here never changes. Very depressing at xmas when the shelves are heaving with goodies in Tesco's, yet there's nothing special to buy here.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Has to be Tesco's for me too. I always used to be able to come up with new ideas for things to cook for dinner in Tesco's. They have all the kind of stuff I like, yet after 5 years of shopping at Publix supermarket, I still struggle with what to buy each time. I end up making the same old crap all the time, cos the food they have here never changes. Very depressing at xmas when the shelves are heaving with goodies in Tesco's, yet there's nothing special to buy here.
I have found that here too very disappointing if you are looking for something special.If I am here next xmas I am going to go to Brisbane 2hrs on the plane and stay over maybe have some fun. That would be a novelty.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Boots, WH Smiths, Sainsburys, Asda, Accessorize (theres one in Brissie but its always behind the UK), Clinton Cards, M&S, Thorntons, and all the little weridie shops in Brighton's North Laines.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:00 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rascal
PS I wouldn't fancy ever living in Perth either, so you're right, we are all different. Guess I dont like being remote and cut off from places. We have the moon for that.
the cows on the moon are happier than the ones that live here [perth]
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:01 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

decent sports shops .
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chels
Try here Chels

http://www.bellaforma.com.au/shop/home.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.