Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Shops-what do you miss the most?

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shops-what do you miss the most?

Difficult one I know, but having thought long and hard about what I miss (coz there is sooooo much) I think it has to be Asda and its buy one get one free offers! I know other supermarkets do it too, but Asda was always my second home! Lol (family of 5)
I have yet to see stuff on offer here in the same way, ok we get specials, but they aren't that flippin special!
Back in Asda in August, I was gutted at the price of things compared to what I pay here in NZ.
Domestos (for instance) was two for price of one 99p!!!
Here, its around $5.87 for one!
Hubby misses Pot Noodles (yuk), again 2 for 99p.
Just making myself sad aint I?
Buzzy, do they have Asda in Malta or would I need to fly to Uk?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shops-what do you miss the most?

The shops in Malta will be an eye opener for you Rascal.

Anyway I do miss Next for my kids clothes but that's it.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird

I take it you haven't lived in NZ then?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rascal
Difficult one I know, but having thought long and hard about what I miss (coz there is sooooo much) I think it has to be Asda and its buy one get one free offers! I know other supermarkets do it too, but Asda was always my second home! Lol (family of 5)
I have yet to see stuff on offer here in the same way, ok we get specials, but they aren't that flippin special!
Back in Asda in August, I was gutted at the price of things compared to what I pay here in NZ.
Domestos (for instance) was two for price of one 99p!!!
Here, its around $5.87 for one!
Hubby misses Pot Noodles (yuk), again 2 for 99p.
Just making myself sad aint I?
Buzzy, do they have Asda in Malta or would I need to fly to Uk?
I miss ASDA too, i miss the clothes, food and everything else you could get in there, all under one roof!! I also miss Morrisons and Sainsburys.
I miss everything actually about UK. It has been a good Xmas here in Perth but with a massive hole in it. Some things will never be the same.

Happy new year to you all
Old Dec 30th 2006, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

PS At least we are a short and cheap plane ride away from the rest of Europe, more than can be said about NZ.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
PS At least we are a short and cheap plane ride away from the rest of Europe, more than can be said about NZ.
that's how different we all are Rascal, I don't see that as an advantage.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

It is for me and I am the one thats going, so dont let the lack of Malta shops worry you eh?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

PS I wouldn't fancy ever living in Perth either, so you're right, we are all different. Guess I dont like being remote and cut off from places. We have the moon for that.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

don't give up your day job will you
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

JoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the roughJoanMC is a jewel in the rough

No idea how these UK prices compare...Sainsbury's are running a special on Stella Artois,,3 cases for £20.00 (60 bottles)
Somerfields 4 bottle of SE. Australian Garnet Point Shiraz Cabernet for £10.00 minus 5% if you buy 6..I bought 8 bottles and it worked out to £18.00..
Somerfield Mince pies 12 for 99p... Rump Steak reduced to £ 5.59 a Kilo..
12 Xmas crackers for £3.00..Whole meal loaf 49p,,Morrisons milk £1.11 x 4 pints..Eggs 99p dozen..

I mentioned in a previous posting that at our club a pint of Courage Best is £1.70 and all club double spirits are £1.30...

Check this link for current travel deals http://www.travelzoo.co.uk

Last edited by JoanMC; Dec 30th 2006 at 5:58 am. Reason: Sorry Forgot to add something
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I miss ASDA too, i miss the clothes, food and everything else you could get in there, all under one roof!! I also miss Morrisons and Sainsburys.
I miss everything actually about UK. It has been a good Xmas here in Perth but with a massive hole in it. Some things will never be the same.

Happy new year to you all
I miss the ususal Asda etc but really I miss choice and quality Iam really sick of cheap shitty goods all the time. My all time favourite is M&S .Just wish there was somewhere to shop proper really

Last edited by blowfly; Dec 30th 2006 at 6:35 am. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

ps happy new year
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

There are so so many to name but a few Next,Morrisons,Boots ,John Lewis
La Senza,Debenhams,Marks and Spencers,Asda,New Look,Dorothy Perkins,
House of Fraser,TK Maxx.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:51 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Tesco's. Gotta be Tesco's

It's just that I want a shop where I can buy everything under one roof. From T.V's and paint, to the most important...wine and beer. At Tesco's I wouldn't have to drive up and down the damn Joondalup drive to get what I needed.

I miss Iceland too. I used to stock my freezer up with B.O.G.O.F offer's....and have it all delivered to my house ..free!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:51 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Boots, Next, Monsoon/Accessorize, Argos, M&S, H&M, Zara, Amazon online and many many more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.