Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping to the UK from Adelaide costs?

Shipping to the UK from Adelaide costs?

Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:15 am
We're going home...yeay!!

Location: Crossing off the days until I can leave Oz and go home.
Tracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really nice
Default Shipping to the UK from Adelaide costs?

Hi there,

Has anyone shipped back to the UK (Nottingham specifically, but anywhere will do for a guesstimate) from Adelaide recently? We wondered if you might be able to give us a vague idea of the cost per square foot/meter (or however they do it in Aussieland)? We came over with a shared container and it cost us about 3000 quid, so should we be looking at about the same in $$???

Thanks a lot - looking forward to going home - hoping for November 2010

Tracy x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping to the UK from Adelaide costs?

Originally Posted by Tracijbc
Hi there,

Has anyone shipped back to the UK (Nottingham specifically, but anywhere will do for a guesstimate) from Adelaide recently? We wondered if you might be able to give us a vague idea of the cost per square foot/meter (or however they do it in Aussieland)? We came over with a shared container and it cost us about 3000 quid, so should we be looking at about the same in $$???

Thanks a lot - looking forward to going home - hoping for November 2010

Tracy x
Hi tracy if you can give me an approximate list of what you have too move , [e-mail ] i will be able to give you a better idea of costs .............mm
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracy, we moved back from Adelaide to Northampton (so not that far away from you) in May this year. We paid about $8000 with Crown for a full 20ft container, with insurance cover charged at 3.2% (so whatever you want covered really!) and on the whole they were very good, although our stuff is still in storage until we move so haven't been able to check out all the damage yet (pretty sure the glass top from our garden table isn't supposed to bend in the middle though!). Must say it did turn up this end much sooner than we thought it would (or wanted really, as we had nowhere to live, lol!) but I'm asssuming a lot of that had to do with the fact that it didn't have to go through quite such stringent checks as it did on the way out!.

Good luck with the move
Sarah
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:38 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Hi Tracy, we moved back from Adelaide to Northampton (so not that far away from you) in May this year. We paid about $8000 with Crown for a full 20ft container, with insurance cover charged at 3.2% (so whatever you want covered really!) and on the whole they were very good, although our stuff is still in storage until we move so haven't been able to check out all the damage yet (pretty sure the glass top from our garden table isn't supposed to bend in the middle though!). Must say it did turn up this end much sooner than we thought it would (or wanted really, as we had nowhere to live, lol!) but I'm asssuming a lot of that had to do with the fact that it didn't have to go through quite such stringent checks as it did on the way out!.

Good luck with the move
Sarah
i hadn't realised it was THAT expensive to ship a full container. We are thinking of using a half container to return to Scotland with - anyone done the same thing and what were the costs?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I rang a few companies up and got quotes based on the stuff I would be sending, just less than half a container, and I had quotes varying from 3500 to 5500 dollars. Im not in Adelaide though...
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:11 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gina123
I rang a few companies up and got quotes based on the stuff I would be sending, just less than half a container, and I had quotes varying from 3500 to 5500 dollars. Im not in Adelaide though...
Adelaide and melbourne should be fairly cost competitive..........mm
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
i hadn't realised it was THAT expensive to ship a full container. We are thinking of using a half container to return to Scotland with - anyone done the same thing and what were the costs?

A friend of mine was given quotes of over $9K!!!!

You do need to shop about, but no matter what, its is more expensive than on the way out I'm afraid.