British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Shipping to the UK. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/shipping-uk-575213/)

cricket1again Nov 25th 2008 9:20 pm

Shipping to the UK.

I know it takes about 8 weeks for a container to arrive back into the UK. But does anyone know how long it takes or what the process is after this? Does it all have to go into a bonded store until it's checked for example?

sans Nov 25th 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Shipping to the UK.

Originally Posted by cricket1 (Post 7009519)
I know it takes about 8 weeks for a container to arrive back into the UK. But does anyone know how long it takes or what the process is after this? Does it all have to go into a bonded store until it's checked for example?

In my case it was picked up from Southhampton, by the shippers recieving this end. They then had it checked by customs at their offices and then they arrange to deliver to my address. It took about a week and a half from docking.

broogie Jan 17th 2009 1:32 am

Who did you use if you don't mind me asking?

sans Jan 17th 2009 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by broogie (Post 7179358)
Who did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I used AMJ Campbells....From Vancouver to the UK ( but would not recommend them).

Erica P Jan 19th 2009 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7181837)
I used AMJ Campbells....From Vancouver to the UK ( but would not recommend them).

:confused:Can I ask why, Sans? I am just getting quotes for the same move and was going to give them a call.

Bevm Jan 19th 2009 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Erica P (Post 7188091)
:confused:Can I ask why, Sans? I am just getting quotes for the same move and was going to give them a call.

Erica, I'd appreciate knowing what you find out for quotes. Not quite there yet, but soon.

Bev

lee58uk Jan 19th 2009 8:02 pm

We used AMJ Campbell from Alberta to Northamptonshire in May 08 and we were pleased. Although they did have trouble accepting our payment until the exchange rate was in their favour...!

sans Jan 19th 2009 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Erica P (Post 7188091)

You can:) I made quite abit of noise over it in here >>>>http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=571551&page=2

I finally recieved my shippment on the 13th of November and it left my house in Canada on the 24th of June :curse:

Didn't get to open my boxes til late dec and my grandfather clock was smashed and 2 very expensive collectors ornaments....both of which, carn't be replaced....

This was the Vancouver office that dealt with my shipping and would never recommend to anyone.
For what its ended up costing us, we could of paid for a half empty container :frown: And got our stuff in 3 wks and probably in one piece......

Erica P Jan 19th 2009 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bevm (Post 7188664)
Erica, I'd appreciate knowing what you find out for quotes. Not quite there yet, but soon.

Bev

Will let you know!

Originally Posted by sans (Post 7189134)
You can:) I made quite abit of noise over it in here >>>>http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=571551&page=2

I finally recieved my shippment on the 13th of November and it left my house in Canada on the 24th of June :curse:

Didn't get to open my boxes til late dec and my grandfather clock was smashed and 2 very expensive collectors ornaments....both of which, carn't be replaced....

This was the Vancouver office that dealt with my shipping and would never recommend to anyone.
For what its ended up costing us, we could of paid for a half empty container :frown: And got our stuff in 3 wks and probably in one piece......

Blimey! As if there isn't enough to worry about moving from one side of the world to another. No wonder you were unimpressed. Thanks for letting me know why. I will get a quote anyway so I can play them off against each other! Hope you are settled in with your belongings now though.

sans Jan 20th 2009 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Erica P (Post 7189255)
Will let you know!

Blimey! As if there isn't enough to worry about moving from one side of the world to another. No wonder you were unimpressed. Thanks for letting me know why. I will get a quote anyway so I can play them off against each other! Hope you are settled in with your belongings now though.

Yes thankyou we are very happy to be back home.....:thumbsup:
:rofl: Lathered in paint and plaster :eek: But it feels great lols

PS Just to say....Our stuff was delivered to us in Canada by Williams, and we had no problems at all. We did get a quote from Williams, but put our trust in someone our realtor recommended and because money was very tight returning...we went with the realtors reco and the cheaper quote ...Unfortunately we paid for that decission ERR!!!