Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping and shared containers from Calgary to Uk

Shipping and shared containers from Calgary to Uk

Old Mar 28th 2012, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping and shared containers from Calgary to Uk

Just a quickie
Came back home approx 18 months age with 10 dogs, 3 cats a tortoise and a parrot. That was the expensive bit
As we needed to save money 'cos of the cost of the critters we did the household shipping DIY.
The cost of a 40 foot container door to door with a 2 hour excess charge was $6,239.66 (still have the invoice).
We dumpster dived for packaging and materials (Dollar shop is great).
Even though we had a 40ft container it was full to the rafters, and I still have stuff waiting to come back, so if anyone in the London (Ontario) area has a little bit of space, for a contribution, I'd be very happy to oblige
Old May 11th 2012, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

kalaar is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

did anyone who was asking for u-haul ubox international quotes ever get a reply from them? we sent in the form a couple weeks back and never heard anything back from them and there is no number to contact.

we're moving back from Calgary to Sheffield area this summer but only need either partial container or one of those ubox size things.

Rob
Old May 11th 2012, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

dawrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kalaar
hi,

did anyone who was asking for u-haul ubox international quotes ever get a reply from them? we sent in the form a couple weeks back and never heard anything back from them and there is no number to contact.

we're moving back from Calgary to Sheffield area this summer but only need either partial container or one of those ubox size things.

Rob
You might want to email the freight broker I used, as you might find a 20ft container is quite cheap. [email protected]
Old May 11th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

hi,

Rob
Rob

I can send you some details of the company I am using and I am sure they will help you.

I am going from Calgary to somewhere in the UK, don't where yet lol. My container is leaving the 24th May.

Just let me know if you want the details.
Old May 11th 2012, 8:16 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Back2UK
Rob

I can send you some details of the company I am using and I am sure they will help you.

I am going from Calgary to somewhere in the UK, don't where yet lol. My container is leaving the 24th May.

Just let me know if you want the details.
Can you send me the details too. We hope to be moving back in a few months. Thank You
Old May 11th 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lf1
Can you send me the details too. We hope to be moving back in a few months. Thank You
Done

Sent you a PM.

Good Luck
Old May 12th 2012, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the replies, typically the ubox guys got back to me 2 hours after I posted on here, seemed fairly expensive, $3300 shipped only to Liverpool, customs, shipping to final destination etc all extra.
Old May 12th 2012, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the replies, typically the ubox guys got back to me 2 hours after I posted on here, seemed fairly expensive, $3300 shipped only to Liverpool, customs, shipping to final destination etc all extra.
Ouch!!!
Old May 13th 2012, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

Fox UK Thunder Bay to Horncastle.
Pick up march 30
Leave Canada April 24
Arr UK May 4
Delivery to house May 14
Woo hoo
Arrive back myself on May 18
Old May 30th 2012, 11:22 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

We are looking at using a self load 40 ft container and I am interested to hear of recent experiences. I have searched a few of the forums and am wondering about upakweship, or others. Thoughts? In your experience, were the shipping times and prices you were quoted accurate or were there unexpected extras and delays? Thanks!
Old May 30th 2012, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pombat
We are looking at using a self load 40 ft container and I am interested to hear of recent experiences. I have searched a few of the forums and am wondering about upakweship, or others. Thoughts? In your experience, were the shipping times and prices you were quoted accurate or were there unexpected extras and delays? Thanks!

I did an all in service, pack, wrap and load into a 40ft container but this is Canada to the UK. I have used the same company that brought me to Canada and to be fair they were very competitive. I had 3 companies quote on the full service and 4th company to quote on container, wrap furniture and load container, to be fair there was not much difference in cost for the full service.

The container left my property south Calgary May 24th and will arrive in Liverpool on the 17th June.

I contacted UK moving companies and they sent out local agents to do the survey.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi, another quick question. We are going the diy/no frills route and it's all going smoothly so far but we were wondering if anyone knew what to do with the c3 form required for UK customs? If you go the full service route the shipper handles this for you but with the vastly cheaper no frills route it's our job but can't seem to find a definitive answer, it just says we need to fill one in but not what to do with it.

Thanks

Rob
Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Actually may have answered my own question, seems we just stick it onto the pallets. Anyone can confirm? And do we just put one copy (probably 3 pallets of stuff in shared container) or one copy per pallet?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 3:51 am
Just Joined

jenny heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

we are doing diy shipping from calgary to uk and just shipping quarter of a 20ft container. We completed our C3 and mailed it to our shipping agent and just kept a copy for ourselves. Hope this helps
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

rdashmore is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually may have answered my own question, seems we just stick it onto the pallets. Anyone can confirm? And do we just put one copy (probably 3 pallets of stuff in shared container) or one copy per pallet?
If this is who I think it is. . . hello its Rob Ashmore, don't attach this form to the pallets (not necessary), just label your UK address, Tel#, and the Booking # on each pallet will be sufficient. You can present your C3 to our destination shipping agent office in the UK just prior to arrival and they will assist/guide you with the declaration to customs. I will give you their contact information in an e-mail and it will also on the bill of lading I will send you after the shipment has sailed/departed Canada. No frills becomes some frills eh.