Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping from Perth to Galsgow.

Shipping from Perth to Galsgow.

Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping from Perth to Galsgow.

Originally Posted by lang81
Have you ever lived in Glasgow ? Until you have lived there then you can not cast aspersions

Yes there is crime, however i can honestly say that i have never seen so many reports on crime in the local news reports until i came to Perth.

Within the first few weeks of arriving here there was a young girl found dead in a wheelie bin !

Almost every night there are reports of car chases or car crashes. Joyriders tearing up the roads is very common here. This year there have been far more deaths on the roads in WA than at the same time last year.

Reports of people being "bashed" and stabbed.
car jacking
Biker gangs

I could go on.

Maybe i just never watched as much news back in Glasgow.
Yes I have lived in Glasgow actually, Bishopbriggs.

WA news is very insular. It reports what is on its doorstep. Someone being beaten up in Glasgow City Centre probably wouldn't make the news in Glasgow because it is considered serious enough and UK news is far more interested in World affairs than WA news. There is more crime per capita in Australia as a whole but I dare say (and I haven't looked and I will stand corrected if wrong) that crime in Glasgow is on the whole higher than Perth. Do these things really impact you so badly. I read these things in the paper and see them on the news but they don't impact me directly. Do you see what I am saying. If Perth isn't for you then fine, move on but please don't give people coming here the impression that it isn't safe to walk the streets or drive on the roads because that simply isn't true.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

Bishopbriggs ? Very nice there, although it is actually outside of Glasgow, East Dumbartonshire i think.

Anyway i would like to point out that i came to this forum for advice on other things and not to scare people off coming to Perth.
If i wanted to do that i would send them a week's worth of The Western Australian newspaper.

Unfortunately as a driver the dangerous roads and driving does affect me directly, and my wife was on the receiving end of a Holden commodore's front bumper:curse:
Admittedly i have yet to be car jacked and hopefully will never be "bashed" by the Gypsy Jokers !

Well, im away to cross of another date on the calendar and count the days until im back in Scotland and finally say that i have "moved on"

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lang81
Bishopbriggs ? Very nice there, although it is actually outside of Glasgow, East Dumbartonshire i think.

Anyway i would like to point out that i came to this forum for advice on other things and not to scare people off coming to Perth.
If i wanted to do that i would send them a week's worth of The Western Australian newspaper.

Unfortunately as a driver the dangerous roads and driving does affect me directly, and my wife was on the receiving end of a Holden commodore's front bumper:curse:
Admittedly i have yet to be car jacked and hopefully will never be "bashed" by the Gypsy Jokers !

Well, im away to cross of another date on the calendar and count the days until im back in Scotland and finally say that i have "moved on"

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
East Dumbartonshire is the local council but it has a Glasgow postal code and is under Strathclyde Police area. It was a short 20 min bus ride into town for work on St Vincents St.