Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping personal items from Canada to the UK

Shipping personal items from Canada to the UK

Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

UK BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping personal items from Canada to the UK

Hi Siouxie, thanks for posting that, it seems so different from when i called AT in Canada.
Hopefully other posters will get some good info from it.
As for charges in the uk, i do know that the "landing costs"are for sure more that coming back over from Uk.
It could also be that the agent i called at Air Transat did not fully understand what i required!!!
I will get onto the Clipper Cargo office in Canada and find out the details for going TO the Uk.
I see you are on the "struggling here"thread, a very bad situation indeed for the family.
Best regards.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK BOUND
Hi Siouxie, thanks for posting that, it seems so different from when i called AT in Canada.
Hopefully other posters will get some good info from it.
As for charges in the uk, i do know that the "landing costs"are for sure more that coming back over from Uk.
It could also be that the agent i called at Air Transat did not fully understand what i required!!!
I will get onto the Clipper Cargo office in Canada and find out the details for going TO the Uk.
I see you are on the "struggling here"thread, a very bad situation indeed for the family.
Best regards.
I haven`t found the AT Cargo office in Montreal terribly helpful either, lol... she asked me who my agent was! When I told her `no agent` she directed me to Clipper.

You should contact Clipper in the UK, they can also arrange for Canada to UK cargo and are very helpful. They don`t have a Canadian office, to my knowledge.

Old Jan 21st 2012, 1:58 am
Just Joined

graphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant future

Thanks so much for this thread, I have a thread about moving companies to UK from US and every single one i've contacted so far wants to unpack all my stuff and pack it for me (like I dont know how to pack I shipped the stuff over myself and only had three cracked peices of china). They wont use my boxes which I bought from Home Depot called tough boxes which have really good locking lids and I can also thread tethers through the holes. I'm going to contact Clipper and see how much it will be for my boxes and leave the chair, art table and a couple of peices of furniture that my parents bought me when they came over to the shipping co. BTW the shipping company also told me that I could not get insurance if I packed it myself and the boxes would not be accepted in customs, this was freight so it maybe different than air cargo. Someone also told me about fedex and UPS also ship boxes, I'm going to get a quote from them and compare.
Thanks for the info
Alexis
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by graphicsgal
Thanks so much for this thread, I have a thread about moving companies to UK from US and every single one i've contacted so far wants to unpack all my stuff and pack it for me (like I dont know how to pack I shipped the stuff over myself and only had three cracked peices of china). They wont use my boxes which I bought from Home Depot called tough boxes which have really good locking lids and I can also thread tethers through the holes. I'm going to contact Clipper and see how much it will be for my boxes and leave the chair, art table and a couple of peices of furniture that my parents bought me when they came over to the shipping co. BTW the shipping company also told me that I could not get insurance if I packed it myself and the boxes would not be accepted in customs, this was freight so it maybe different than air cargo. Someone also told me about fedex and UPS also ship boxes, I'm going to get a quote from them and compare.
Thanks for the info
Alexis
Thanks for the tips on the boxes at Home Depot! Didn't know about that and will check my local store to make sure they carry them
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:16 am
Just Joined

graphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant futuregraphicsgal has a brilliant future

Hi UK Bound
When are you planning on going back to UK, I'm south of you in Seattle and would love to pigggy back with someone on moving back to UK. I've packed all my own breakables and we have a few peices of furniture. I've contacted some shipping companies and they want to repack all my stuff in their boxes as they wont accpet my already packed stuff. I'm planning on heading back in March but my husband will be in the US till end of July. I'm heading to Essex but would hire a vehicle if I had to collect my stuff from someone who's willling to share a crate a with me...even driving to Scotland would be cheaper than one quote I got for $4000.
Thanks
Alexis
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

fudges will become famous soon enough

Hi we to are heading back around March time I am going to use excess baggage they seem to be quite reasonable and can pack things up in our own suit cases, I am only taking a few of the kids toys and mementos so thinking a few cases packed tight will work for us.

Hope all works out for everyone heading home.