Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping NZ (South Island) to UK

Shipping NZ (South Island) to UK

Old Jun 17th 2014, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

sazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping NZ (South Island) to UK

Hi All

Would anyone be able to recommend a good shipping company from NZ to the UK?

We are in the first throws of planning an exit and thought that getting quotes was a good place to start.

Best

Sarah
Old Jun 17th 2014, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping NZ (South Island) to UK

Hi Sarah, I got a qoute this week from NZ Van Lines - we used them on the way over and they did a good job.

"Further to our conversation we are pleased to provide our estimate for the removal of your effects from Christchurch to Nottingham. Our estimate, based on a maximum volume of 28 cubic metres, shipped in a 20’ sole use container, door to door, NZ$9,500.00"

Not sure if there are cheaper options, this was the first quote but I will get another one. We have an average three bed house -I suspect when we move we will have a good 'cull' so possibly won't need 28 cubic metres.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah,
I have just had an estimate from Conroy removals for a 20ft container from Christchurch to UK, Midlands -

QUANTITY
Household goods to fill a 20ft Container

SERVICE
Door to door

MODE
Sea freight

PACKING
Professionally packed & wrapped by Conroy Removals.

TRANSIT TIME
Approximately 7 - 9 weeks

PRICE ESTIMATE
NZ$7500.00 - $7800.00 subject to packing requirements
and final volume

Still need to get more quotes, will post once I have anymore information, also will be interested to hear how you get on.

We used Crown when we came out (managed to get a great price from them at the time) but I know they normally come out more expensive.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deley
Hi Sarah,
I have just had an estimate from Conroy removals for a 20ft container from Christchurch to UK, Midlands -
Chch to Midlands too Deley? Do you think they'd do us a 2 for 1 discount?
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

sazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to behold

Thats not a bad price is it
I just ball parked from Transworld a 40ft (to ship my car too) and they want $15k+ .... I think some clearing out is in order to get the house stuff into a 20ft and perhaps ship the car separately.

We only paid about $10k coming over for 40ft and the car includeded I was horrified to see the additional costs here in NZ .. but that doesnt surprise me!

Thanks for your held

Hi Sarah,

QUANTITY

SERVICE
Door to door

MODE
Sea freight

PACKING

TRANSIT TIME

PRICE ESTIMATE
and final volume

Still need to get more quotes, will post once I have anymore information, also will be interested to hear how you get on.

We used Crown when we came out (managed to get a great price from them at the time) but I know they normally come out more expensive.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Thats not a bad price is it
I just ball parked from Transworld a 40ft (to ship my car too) and they want $15k+ .... I think some clearing out is in order to get the house stuff into a 20ft and perhaps ship the car separately.

We only paid about $10k coming over for 40ft and the car includeded I was horrified to see the additional costs here in NZ .. but that doesnt surprise me!

Thanks for your help

Hi Sarah,

QUANTITY

SERVICE
Door to door

MODE
Sea freight

PACKING

TRANSIT TIME

PRICE ESTIMATE
and final volume

Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

I do wonder if a group of people got together if they would negotiate for 3 contracts ?

Originally Posted by vetnurse1
Old Jun 18th 2014, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Sarah & vetnurse

I do wonder if a group of people got together if they would negotiate for 3 contracts ?
What great ideas!

Finding it all a big scary because we will be returning without jobs! Giving up a good job here without a job in the UK is feeling like a crazy thing to do!
Why are you returning?
Have you been here long?

Last edited by Deley; Jun 18th 2014 at 10:04 am.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Sarah & vetnurse

What great ideas!

Finding it all a big scary because we will be returning without jobs! Giving up a good job here without a job in the UK is feeling like a crazy thing to do!
Why are you returning?
Have you been here long?
Just wanted to say hi, and where in the midlands are you from/going? We returned 18mnts ago. Originally from Coventry.
We used allied pickfords, you could always share a container!
Good Luck
Old Jun 18th 2014, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Spacecake799
I am originally from Birmingham (DH is from Liverpool) but been long time since lived there. We have been in NZ for 2 years, we moved from the Telford area and will probably return to the same area.
Will try Pickfords for quote.
Have you been back long?

Cheers
Old Jun 19th 2014, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi, Sarah & vetnurse

What great ideas!

Why are you returning?
Have you been here long?
Hey x

We have only been here since November but have decided that we will return at some point in the near future. We just have too many commitments back home and have realised that we are more home birds than we thought. I just cant imagine not being able to visit people for the next 5 years due to funds or not being able to pop on a long weekend to Italy. We thought we could do it but have realised that the grass isnt greener for us. We cannot really afford a nice house here (good quality houses dont exisit i dont think) and can afford a much better life in England.

Ok not where we came from which was Surrey, we havent a hope in hell of getting back on the property ladder there after stupidly selling our house. But we have friends in Lincolnshire so will be heading North, exactly where .... who knows! eeeeeekkkkkkkk very scary!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:18 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzle1979
Ok not where we came from which was Surrey, we havent a hope in hell of getting back on the property ladder there after stupidly selling our house. But we have friends in Lincolnshire so will be heading North, exactly where .... who knows! eeeeeekkkkkkkk very scary!!!!
I know exactly what you are saying. We sold our house in Woking. I'm in no tearing hurry to get back to (expensive, overcrowded) Surrey.

So, should we ever return, I'm reasonably open minded where in Britain we go back to. Just preferably not the overcrowded south east.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spacecake799
I am originally from Birmingham (DH is from Liverpool) but been long time since lived there. We have been in NZ for 2 years, we moved from the Telford area and will probably return to the same area.
Will try Pickfords for quote.
Have you been back long?

Cheers
Hi,
We were very impressed with pickfords. Kept us informed, no problems etc.
We were there for six years. Returned 18 months ago. Picked a new area off a map as hubby didn't want to return to Coventry.