Wikiposts

Shipping a few boxes

Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping a few boxes

Anyone used Excess Baggage Company to send a few boxes from U.S to U.K?
Their rates for air freight seem very good.I checked on the internet and it said they had been in business for 24 years and they are a U.K based company.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping a few boxes

Oh I am very interested in this too. You have a link to a website?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Found the site, wonder if they take just a few boxes. Will try and find out cost etc.
Oh just put in some random sizes and the price looks very good, have to really think about this one when the time comes.

Last edited by charleygirl; Jan 12th 2011 at 11:45 am.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

The prices look very good, but since I posted I did a bit of research and on the Yanks in u.k. site lots of people said to steer clear of them, so now back to square one. Tried upakweship web site again and they also do air freight but you have to call so I will check that one out. I've heard good and bad about upakweship.Apparently air freight is sometimes cheaper than sea, more research to be done.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

I got a very competative quote (compared to numerous companies I contacted) from shipnex.com to move 6 large boxes (18" x 18" x 24" - approx. 300lbs total weight), US to the UK. International Priority $776.21(3 business days), or International Economy $591.25 (6 business days), door to door.

I am not affiliated with this company; merely sharing information that may be useful to others.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Poppycat, did you use them? or plan too?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Thanks Poppycat, did you use them? or plan too?
I haven't shipped my boxes yet CG, but I do plan to use them as they provided the most competitive quote and I couldn't find any negative reports about the company when I researched them. They were very quick to address any questions I had and you can arrange everything online, which is handy. I don't plan to ship my boxes until just before I leave so I'll be here when they pick them up and home by the time they arrive.

I used uship.com when I was shipping the same boxes from the east coast of the USA to the west coast, but you can also ship internationally. The site is affiliated with (or a subsidiary of) eBay, I think. It costs nothing to post your shipping requirements and you're under no obligation to accept any bids. You receive bids from moving companies and there are reviews of each company from previous customers, so that gives an indication of the level of service you're likely to receive. Worth a try too, maybe.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Poppycat I will check out uship .com I have sent for a quote from shipnex I would rather ship by air freight it seems over a certain weight it is cheaper than sea.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppycat
I haven't shipped my boxes yet CG, but I do plan to use them as they provided the most competitive quote and I couldn't find any negative reports about the company when I researched them. They were very quick to address any questions I had and you can arrange everything online, which is handy. I don't plan to ship my boxes until just before I leave so I'll be here when they pick them up and home by the time they arrive.

I used uship.com when I was shipping the same boxes from the east coast of the USA to the west coast, but you can also ship internationally. The site is affiliated with (or a subsidiary of) eBay, I think. It costs nothing to post your shipping requirements and you're under no obligation to accept any bids. You receive bids from moving companies and there are reviews of each company from previous customers, so that gives an indication of the level of service you're likely to receive. Worth a try too, maybe.
When are you planning on going back poppycat? And which county/country will you be heading to?

Nosey Parker
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:24 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Many airlines let you take upto 8 suitcases for a fee (though I don't know how it would compare). We would often buy very cheap duffel bags (sailor bags) and just stuff them full of stuff when relocating.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beedubya
When are you planning on going back poppycat? And which county/country will you be heading to?

Nosey Parker
Hi, Barb. I'm heading back with Bailey, ( my 1 yr old Golden Retriever) Feb. 22nd, to Edinburgh, Scotland. Hoots!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Many airlines let you take upto 8 suitcases for a fee (though I don't know how it would compare). We would often buy very cheap duffel bags (sailor bags) and just stuff them full of stuff when relocating.
Checked into this. Virgin let you take up to 10 cases the 1st one free the
2nd $78 and each one after that $112. The problem with taking so many is they wouldn't fit in my sons car at the other end.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:44 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppycat
Hi, Barb. I'm heading back with Bailey, ( my 1 yr old Golden Retriever) Feb. 22nd, to Edinburgh, Scotland. Hoots!
OOhhh just 4 days before me then!! How long have you been away from wee bonny Scotland?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 10:48 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Checked into this. Virgin let you take up to 10 cases the 1st one free the
2nd $78 and each one after that $112. The problem with taking so many is they wouldn't fit in my sons car at the other end.
10 cases!!! Wow that is pretty good value, but like you said you would need a van at the other side.

BTW I forgot to thank you on the other thread for the suggestion of a flea market, I am thinking of that, but the only trouble in Australia is that there aren't that many where I live and the sun is a killer for somebody with my complection, I mainly stay out of it in the summer.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beedubya

BTW I forgot to thank you on the other thread for the suggestion of a flea market, I am thinking of that, but the only trouble in Australia is that there aren't that many where I live and the sun is a killer for somebody with my complection, I mainly stay out of it in the summer.
Now what you mean I wouldn't do one in the summer here in Florida,our trouble was it was sooooo cold but at least we could wrap up warm with plenty of layers and thick socks. Hope it will be a little warmer next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.