Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping the dog Aus to UK

Shipping the dog Aus to UK

Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping the dog Aus to UK

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
The quote i got was from Dogtainers it was just over 5k for both dogs ill post the details when im next at home (25th)

Ormrod that dose sound like a good price.. id be interested in the details to
Hi the company is called All Animal Transport.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

My quote from All animal transport was $2600 plus 360 pounds in uk. so just under $3200
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

just got a new quote from dogtainers $5100 for 2x26kg dogs. i Reckon thats pretty good
Old Mar 24th 2014, 10:46 am
Just Joined

MrsWriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
LOL im also doing this as well i have 2 dogs to move, i agreed there isnt a lot on info on here about OZ to UK there is a lot better forum who have a guy in the trade who answers questions.. PM me and ill give you the addy as i assume the guys will pack a sad if i post there name here.

I got a quote from a company which was just over 5k for the 2 which i thought was reasonable untill i looked into the DIY route and with the new Regs making it much easier to bring pets into the UK it seems a lot of money for doing very little

For the VET you will need a AQIS registered vet to do the rabies injection and certificates the list from Queensland is here

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/e...ets/queensland

One thing im having trouble getting is a crate for our dogs they are mid size collie x lab. your wire crate is will not be allowed.

and lastly
just go to carriers websites most have sections on pet travel, virgin even started giving points for pet travel this week.

one thing to note is its a fair bit cheaper not to fly them into heathrow
Hi I am currently looking into organising travel for my dog from Brisbane to Germany - just wondering if you ended up finding out more about organising a trip like this without an agency. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:41 am
DMT
Just Joined

DMT is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Animal Travel, we have been quoted $3700 for 2 dogs (Spaniel & Border Collie X) Brisbane to Heathrow.

Purchase of 2 x IATA approved travel crate complete with soft and absorbent travel bedding and fitted with watering system - PP50 & PP60
Domestic flight Brisbane to Sydney with Virgin Australia the day prior to international travel (Mon-Wed)
Preparation of all export documentation and airline reservations
Notification of Intention to Export documents sent to AQIS and AQIS accredited vet
Completion of International Airway Bill (AWB) and payment of export clearance fees in Australia
Transport to AQIS accredited vet for pre export health clearance including internal parasite treatment
Completion and collection of AQIS health certificates
Airfreight Brisbane to Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic via Sydney and Hong Kong
Personal lodgement at the International freight terminal

I'm not sure if there would be anything else on top of that, we are just getting quotes, hope to move back next year.

They were also recommended on another forum.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Shipping the dog Aus to UK

I have got quotes to for 2 dogs - jetpets was 55 bne to man.
Awaiting one from areopets.

I like the do it yourself route will look into that, as really its a paperwork thing. Will let you know how I go.

Does anyone know how long they will take in quarantine in the UK?

Thanks

Carrianne
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Carianne there is no quarantine in the Uk if you get the paperwork right. It can take them up to 4 hours to process the animal and release them to you.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsWriter
Hi I am currently looking into organising travel for my dog from Brisbane to Germany - just wondering if you ended up finding out more about organising a trip like this without an agency. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
No we done it through dogtainers Absolute pleasure dealing with them. First class service from start to finish, and the dogs came through it no problem.