Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping costs from Oz to UK

Shipping costs from Oz to UK

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Question Shipping costs from Oz to UK

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if any of you could give me a rough idea of the cost of shipping a 20ft container from Brisbane to the UK?
Thanks,
Tanya
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping costs from Oz to UK

hello
i had a rough estimate from pickfords $9500 - $1100 for a 20 ft container but that company dont have such a great reputation around here.

we are using half a 20ft container i ive just had my quote from oceansky for $3912 door to door and they pack.

another company i have coming for qoute is conroy removals (brissy company) tel 07 54952156 but they are not coming till friday so cant share the qoute yet, you could also do a search in this forum for 20 foot container and you will get some old threads up! hope this helps a little
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:57 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by island.girl
hello
i had a rough estimate from pickfords $9500 - $1100 for a 20 ft container but that company dont have such a great reputation around here.

we are using half a 20ft container i ive just had my quote from oceansky for $3912 door to door and they pack.

another company i have coming for qoute is conroy removals (brissy company) tel 07 54952156 but they are not coming till friday so cant share the qoute yet, you could also do a search in this forum for 20 foot container and you will get some old threads up! hope this helps a little
Wow, that seems like a lot! I have a quote for $11k for a 40 FOOT CONTAINER, plus 3 boxes of airfreight and a cleaner to come in afterwards!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Kat71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spuds
Wow, that seems like a lot! I have a quote for $11k for a 40 FOOT CONTAINER, plus 3 boxes of airfreight and a cleaner to come in afterwards!
Who from PLEASE sounds really good. I dont know if i have enough furniture for a 40foot container.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:22 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kat71
Who from PLEASE sounds really good. I dont know if i have enough furniture for a 40foot container.
Hiya,

That's with King & Wilson. My quote is from Melbourne but surely a 20ft container from Brisbane to UK should be cheaper than my quote???
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Hiya,

That's with King & Wilson. My quote is from Melbourne but surely a 20ft container from Brisbane to UK should be cheaper than my quote???
I am also looking from Melbourne but may well put my car in it as well.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:38 am
Homeward Bound

Originally Posted by Kat71
I am also looking from Melbourne but may well put my car in it as well.
We looked at taking the car too - they were fine with that for a 40ft container. We decided against it in the end so I am not sure it it bumps the price up. They didn't say so.

Still trying to find out how many bloody bottles of wine I can take though!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:50 am
Just Joined

We looked at taking the car too - they were fine with that for a 40ft container. We decided against it in the end so I am not sure it it bumps the price up. They didn't say so.

Still trying to find out how many bloody bottles of wine I can take though!!
Cant help with that one i am afraid.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help!
We are just looking at costs at the mo, to see if moving back is even an option
Tanya
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:13 am
Homeward Bound

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help!
We are just looking at costs at the mo, to see if moving back is even an option
Tanya
Good luck Tanya. I think ballpark is aroung $8k for a 20ft and $11/12k for a 40 ft. Prices depend on how much work (if any!) you want to do yourself etc.

I hope you can manage to move. We're leaving on May 13th! YIKES!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if any of you could give me a rough idea of the cost of shipping a 20ft container from Brisbane to the UK?
Thanks,
Tanya
I spotted a container being delivered the otherday near where I live..it is still there and the family are loading their own belonging into the container...I asked for the address of the company and here it is:[email protected], the lady moving said the company supplied all the wrapping for furniture but the boxes she bought from a removal company which were really cheap...insurance she did herself.....I am going to give it a try and see, the lady said it saved here loads of money and they have all week to pack their things into the container but you can take as long as you want.....
Hope it helps.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=spuds;6180999]Wow, that seems like a lot!

yep it sure does! i did say they dont have a good reputation around here
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Tanya
hi tanya
we are moving our stuff back with oss after much haggling total cost $7000 brisbane to glasgow

russ
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:38 am
Homeward Bound

By the way, we have just managed to save a bit more cash by sending the airfreight with someone else.

K&W had quoted around $600 for 40kgs with Fedex ($15/kg)and I couldn't do much better until I found a company called World Baggage. They have a special offer on at the moment and it's $5.50/kg from Mel to LHR. You have to pick it up yourself in UK but that's OK for us.

Anyone used them? They seem very nice?

http://www.worldbaggage.com.au/cgi-b...ge&pageid=home