Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping cost from NJ, USA to UK

Shipping cost from NJ, USA to UK

Old Mar 4th 2022, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping cost from NJ, USA to UK

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
I'm looking at these posts and get the feeling we're being taken advantage of a little. We're shipping around 450 cubic feet of items from Oregon to the Isle of Wight. For door-to-door we've been quoted just north of $12k via ocean groupage. At that rate, I'm trying to persuade my wife just to take her personal mementos and we'll rebuy new stuff there.
I just paid $7k for door-to-door nyc to London for about 750 cubic feet
Old Mar 4th 2022, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Russet has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond repute

We just paid $4500 for 400 cu ft from CT to Bucks (door to door) groupage. Currently crossing the Atlantic so cannot give full feedback but all handling on the US side was very good. If it runs to schedule it looks as though it will be about 9 - 10 weeks door to door but not counting anything yet! We are currently car shopping and now wish we had gone for a 40ft and put our car inside!
Old Mar 9th 2022, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Nypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond reputeNypool1e has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
I just paid $7k for door-to-door nyc to London for about 750 cubic feet
Hi, could I ask which moving company you used in NYC? My wife & I are going through the same process also from NYC, we already spoke to one company who did a video assessment of the apartment & are awaiting his final costs etc. When I asked for a rough estimate on past experience he quoted around $11000 or thereabouts which kind of shocked me.
Old Mar 11th 2022, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
I'm looking at these posts and get the feeling we're being taken advantage of a little. We're shipping around 450 cubic feet of items from Oregon to the Isle of Wight. For door-to-door we've been quoted just north of $12k via ocean groupage. At that rate, I'm trying to persuade my wife just to take her personal mementos and we'll rebuy new stuff there.
If I were to move again then I would just take the items that were important to me/family and the less urgent but still important items, unless of course your returning to an expensive country to buy items which the UK is not, we sold or gave away a lot of our big items and things like beds and kitchen items as we knew we would need these items a soon as we arrived in the UK and the larger items we were not sure if they would fit into the home we were renting so we sold those. Good luck with the move