Shipping container

Old Apr 22nd 2019, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

stu1972hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping container

Best shipping container company these days .. Moving back to U.k from Canada after 10 yrs .. Also taking the dog .. Any info greatly appreciated folks ...
Old Apr 22nd 2019, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping container

We just sent our stuff last week with u pak we ship.. very reasonable price.. And really helpful. Currently my container is in montreal to sail tomorrow. Estimated to be in uk may 18th.
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 11:18 am
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu1972hamilton
Best shipping container company these days .. Moving back to U.k from Canada after 10 yrs .. Also taking the dog .. Any info greatly appreciated folks ...
i used shipoverseas.com - good experience, nothing damaged and reasonable pricing
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

stu1972hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info .. Did you use a 20ft container ..
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

we used a 20ft container, but only filled half of it...
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 5:23 pm
UK spouse visa

movingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nicemovingtolakes is just really nice

40ft - car went in and all my worldly possessions- they built a dividing ramp so the boxes didn’t crush the car or vice versa
Old Apr 24th 2019, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

We're using UPakWeShip for a 20ft container. We've had a very good experience so far with our shipping coordinator, Whitney, and another two members of staff there as well. We're moving from the US to the UK. The container will arrive with us for its designated two-hour loading slot on May 20th, and will travel from us to New York and then on to Grangemouth.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PrairieWriter
We're using UPakWeShip for a 20ft container. We've had a very good experience so far with our shipping coordinator, Whitney, and another two members of staff there as well. We're moving from the US to the UK. The container will arrive with us for its designated two-hour loading slot on May 20th, and will travel from us to New York and then on to Grangemouth.
whitney is our coordinator too. Been amazing.. ship.leaved Friday.. everything has been flawless
Old May 22nd 2019, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

olliekav is an unknown quantity at this point

Would anyone mind sharing how much their 20ft container with wepakuship cost? Moving back to UK from Ottawa and trying to gauge quotes. We only paid about £1500 for a shared container when we moved over 5 years ago and I've been quoted over $5000!

Last edited by olliekav; May 22nd 2019 at 3:09 pm.
Old May 22nd 2019, 3:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olliekav
Would anyone mind sharing how much their 20ft container with wepakuship cost? Moving back to UK from Ottawa and trying to gauge quotes. We only paid about £1500 for a shared container when we moved over 5 years ago and I've been quoted over $5000!
£1,500 = C$2,542 today, and that was for half a container, so C$5,000 for a 20ft container sounds like it is in the right ballpark, after allowing for inflation, that there is additional labour involved in a half container and the delivery fee is pretty much the same for a container as for half a container (still needs one lorry with one driver).
Old May 22nd 2019, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olliekav
We were quoted $5,650 for our shipping container via UPakWeShip, traveling from Kansas to western Scotland. We got a couple of quotes from other people as well–one moving company quoted us over $13,000, though they would have also packed our things. Suffice it to say we went for the cheaper quote and used the self-packing stage as an opportunity to declutter and sort out years of life detritus!

Incidentally, we got the container loaded successfully on Monday, half of the time in torrential rain and a thunderstorm, so we’ll see how things look when it gets to it’s destination! We did wrap everything very thoroughly inside each box (sometimes inside a garbage bag with a dessicant pack or two) as well as using bubble wrap and paper) and then wrapped each box in two layers of shrink wrap. Hopefully that will protect them from the inevitable damp trapped inside the container. We shall see...
Old Jul 18th 2019, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies, after shopping around Upakweship are definitely the cheapest, the problem now is they are a nightmare to deal with! Seem to be 5 day breaks in replying to emails and complete silence when I try and chase them. Getting really worried this container is even going to turn up!
Old Jul 26th 2019, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Just an update for anyone reading this thread, my account was handed over to Lexa who has been totally on the ball and gets back to me within a couple of hours normally. Container is all booked in for next Tuesday.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by movingtolakes
i used shipoverseas.com - good experience, nothing damaged and reasonable pricing
Dont ship from Canada according to there website.

Not wishing to hijack your thread but have just accepted an offer on our house in BC so also looking at shipping options, will probably only take clothing and personal effects so looking at something like u-create 200 cubic foot box or one of the airlines anybody with experience of this sort shipping.
Also as we are very close to USA border spokane is it possible to drive my good down to USA or would this be a customs nightmare
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

BritInBergenNJ is an unknown quantity at this point

We're moving back to the UK after 13yrs in New Jersey and are considering UPakWeShip. I'm concerned that 2hrs might not be enough time to load a 20ft container. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd rather not pay to have it longer than necessary, but also don't want to rush the loading and risk damaging stuff in transit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.