Wikiposts

Shipping companies?!

Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:44 am
Just Joined

santii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping companies?!

Right well im moving back to the UK in 25 days and ill be staying in university accommodation, therefore ill need to find a shipping company that will ship a single box (with a few clothes, xbox ect) from Australia to UK.
However all the shipping companies that ship overseas seem to only do major relocation moves.

Can anybody recommend a company that will be suitable for my needs?

Thanks x
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping companies?!

Could you just take it as excess, and pay the airline, I think that is a possiblilty, if it is only one box, you can look at your airline website and see what they charge, it usually goes by weight I think, hopefully someone with experience can step in here and give advice.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

yeh good idea, i just checked it out though and for the type of weight i would be looking to take costs about $1500 so ill keep looking thank you anyway!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

wow thats a lot of money!!!! How much does it weigh then, sorry I thought you meant just a box.....you know a box one person could lift, sorry.....
Good luck.
Lucky you moving back!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:49 am
Just Joined

i did mean just a box! thats about 25kg so not really that much.. the swines!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:33 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santii
i did mean just a box! thats about 25kg so not really that much.. the swines!
This does not seem right at all

a zero is wrong or something

From the US on Delta, the 2nd piece is $50 and then the third (up to 10 pieces) is $200

I thought that was a massive rip off as I used to fly with 3 for free

1500 cannot be right

How about an upgrade to business which might have 2 or 3 pieces free ?

Call em though dont guess online - that 1500 is just not sounding correct

The other option is to use the post office - I can send a computer from the pacific coast of the US to the UK for £120

They are the cheapest way
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I am looking at www.jetta.com.au at the moment. I have started a thread asking if anyone has used them for some feedback.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:45 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I am looking at www.jetta.com.au at the moment. I have started a thread asking if anyone has used them for some feedback.

actually that computer figure is wrong - its USD $100 for a computer from Seattle all the way to Leeds - post office
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

karenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by santii
Right well im moving back to the UK in 25 days and ill be staying in university accommodation, therefore ill need to find a shipping company that will ship a single box (with a few clothes, xbox ect) from Australia to UK.
However all the shipping companies that ship overseas seem to only do major relocation moves.

Can anybody recommend a company that will be suitable for my needs?

Thanks x
http://www.excess-baggage.com/

These guys do online quotes.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by karenD
http://www.excess-baggage.com/

These guys do online quotes.

VERY EXPENSIVE !

The post office is cheaper
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Shipping companies?!

Originally Posted by exvj
VERY EXPENSIVE !

The post office is cheaper
NOT FROM THAILAND! So please - do not assume, everyone lives where you are!!! Post office, fly everything, and the cost is astronomical! (350 bahts a Kilo! that is £7.00) dontheturner