Shipping a car to the UK

Old Aug 23rd 2003, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

rooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping a car to the UK

Think we've covered the shipping of house contents and cats(!) on here but does anybody know anything about shipping a car over to the UK? We're moving back next year some time and want to take our car with us if possible. If anybody has any info about procedure/cost, etc, please let me know.

Thanks, Sheryl
Old Aug 30th 2003, 5:16 am
mwm
Forum Regular

mwm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping a car to the UK

Originally posted by rooster
Think we've covered the shipping of house contents and cats(!) on here but does anybody know anything about shipping a car over to the UK? We're moving back next year some time and want to take our car with us if possible. If anybody has any info about procedure/cost, etc, please let me know.

Thanks, Sheryl
The only personal experience I have of shipping a car was on the QE2,It cost $800 from southampton to new york and then you had to pay for your cruise which can sometimes be the same price as a flight over.I think that the QE2 is to stop soon and the Queen Mary 2 is to take over,I am not sure if they have the same set up.I am sure that there are more sensible ways of doing it but this is mabye a glamourous alternative!!
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 2:36 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at it a couple of years back, but didn't do it in the end as we had a good offer to buy the car. It didn't look that complicated or expensive - all of the movers that quoted for our house move gave us decent quotes for the car as well (most around US2000 from Singapore to the UK I think). For the regulation side, I contacted the DVLCC and they were extremely helpful, sending over all the detials of what would be needed both paperwork-wise and physically to get the car to meet UK road standards. Suggest you contact them via the website.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

discouraged has a brilliant futurediscouraged has a brilliant futurediscouraged has a brilliant futurediscouraged has a brilliant futurediscouraged has a brilliant futurediscouraged has a brilliant future

Sheryl,

Have a look at this site:

http://www.autoshippers.co.uk/

They will arrange to ship your car from Canada/USA to the UK as well as the other way round, via the nearest roll-on roll-off ferry terminal.

Good luck!

G.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for recommending that site. Unfortunately, I have had no luck with them whatsoever - have contacted them on numerous occasions but get no reply. Do you know of any other shipping companies by any chance?

Thanks so much,

Sheryl