Shipping from Canada to UK Self Packing Rules

Wikiposts

Shipping from Canada to UK Self Packing Rules

Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:45 am
Just Joined

jamesbulman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping from Canada to UK Self Packing Rules

Hi,

I just got a quote from a shipping company, it was quite expensive so I asked them to provide me another quote, this time with me doing the packing. I got the following response:

"According to customs regulations, all international shipments must be packed and inspected by international standards. Therefor, we cannot allow for owner packed boxes in accordance with customs security."

Is this true? I feel like I'm being sold a line here

- James
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Re: Shipping from Canada to UK Self Packing Rules

Originally Posted by jamesbulman
Hi,

I just got a quote from a shipping company, it was quite expensive so I asked them to provide me another quote, this time with me doing the packing. I got the following response:

"According to customs regulations, all international shipments must be packed and inspected by international standards. Therefor, we cannot allow for owner packed boxes in accordance with customs security."

- James
I am not %100 but i dont think this is right.........I thought you had a choice of packing your own stuff
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Hi,
- James
James - When I moved all my belongings from England, I was told that if I packed it myself, ALL the boxes would be opened at UK exit, and again at Bangkok Entry. so they cannot guarantee the items, for insurance. Same applies all over the world. Sure you can pack it. But why risk that? dontheturner
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:03 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

- James

James tell them you will pack the boxes yourself but leave them open for the removals guys to inspect and then tape up.

That's what I did when moving back to Australia from the UK last year.

I think you need to get some more quotes.