Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

Old Oct 6th 2019, 9:49 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Susu921 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

I am looking for a shipping company to ship my belongings from Malaysia to UK. Thank you in advance for recommending!
Susu921 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2020, 1:18 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Location: JB, Malaysia
Posts: 16
deanoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

I'm in the same situation. I'm living in JB so it might be good to exchange quotes and info.
deanoman is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2020, 10:20 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 44
Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

What are you shipping? A whole house of stuff, just some boxes, furniture?
Britishbitz is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 1:50 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Location: JB, Malaysia
Posts: 16
deanoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

Originally Posted by Britishbitz View Post
What are you shipping? A whole house of stuff, just some boxes, furniture?
I'm shipping a whole house so will need a 20ft container. How about yourself?

I had an onsite survey from a relocation company yesterday so i am expecting the quote in the next few days. We're going for door-to-door. I'll share the details of the quote once it's ready.
deanoman is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2020, 3:02 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 44
Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

Originally Posted by deanoman View Post
I'm shipping a whole house so will need a 20ft container. How about yourself?

I had an onsite survey from a relocation company yesterday so i am expecting the quote in the next few days. We're going for door-to-door. I'll share the details of the quote once it's ready.

19 Boxes and 1 Bike. So Movecube for us Not bothering with Furniture. All packed and ready to go, they are coming to collect on 14th Feb. Have an hour to load the box. Good price too also door to door, They even offer 2 weeks free storage if needed, so can't complain
Britishbitz is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2020, 11:17 am
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Location: JB, Malaysia
Posts: 16
deanoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

Originally Posted by Britishbitz View Post
19 Boxes and 1 Bike. So Movecube for us Not bothering with Furniture. All packed and ready to go, they are coming to collect on 14th Feb. Have an hour to load the box. Good price too also door to door, They even offer 2 weeks free storage if needed, so can't complain
I had a quick look at Movecube and it looks like an excellent solution. Unfortunately, it's not an option for us as we do have a lot of bulky furniture that we want to bring back.

Looks like you've made a good choice - I hope the move goes well

Pls let me know how it goes. I'll post the quote on here (when the person gets around to sending it!) for any others who are in the same predicament.
deanoman is offline  
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 11:42 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 44
Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

Originally Posted by deanoman View Post
I had a quick look at Movecube and it looks like an excellent solution. Unfortunately, it's not an option for us as we do have a lot of bulky furniture that we want to bring back.

Looks like you've made a good choice - I hope the move goes well

Pls let me know how it goes. I'll post the quote on here (when the person gets around to sending it!) for any others who are in the same predicament.

Will do
Britishbitz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.