British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/shipping-belongings-recommendation-malaysia-uk-928334/)

Susu921 Oct 6th 2019 8:49 am

Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

I am looking for a shipping company to ship my belongings from Malaysia to UK. Thank you in advance for recommending!

deanoman Jan 29th 2020 12:18 pm

Re: Shipping belongings recommendation from Malaysia to UK

I'm in the same situation. I'm living in JB so it might be good to exchange quotes and info.

Britishbitz Jan 29th 2020 9:20 pm

What are you shipping? A whole house of stuff, just some boxes, furniture?

deanoman Jan 30th 2020 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Britishbitz (Post 12798215)
What are you shipping? A whole house of stuff, just some boxes, furniture?

I'm shipping a whole house so will need a 20ft container. How about yourself?

I had an onsite survey from a relocation company yesterday so i am expecting the quote in the next few days. We're going for door-to-door. I'll share the details of the quote once it's ready.

Britishbitz Jan 30th 2020 2:02 am

Originally Posted by deanoman (Post 12798303)
I'm shipping a whole house so will need a 20ft container. How about yourself?

I had an onsite survey from a relocation company yesterday so i am expecting the quote in the next few days. We're going for door-to-door. I'll share the details of the quote once it's ready.

19 Boxes and 1 Bike. So Movecube for us :) Not bothering with Furniture. All packed and ready to go, they are coming to collect on 14th Feb. Have an hour to load the box. Good price too also door to door, They even offer 2 weeks free storage if needed, so can't complain :)

deanoman Jan 31st 2020 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Britishbitz (Post 12798316)
19 Boxes and 1 Bike. So Movecube for us :) Not bothering with Furniture. All packed and ready to go, they are coming to collect on 14th Feb. Have an hour to load the box. Good price too also door to door, They even offer 2 weeks free storage if needed, so can't complain :)

I had a quick look at Movecube and it looks like an excellent solution. Unfortunately, it's not an option for us as we do have a lot of bulky furniture that we want to bring back.

Looks like you've made a good choice - I hope the move goes well:fingerscrossed:

Pls let me know how it goes. I'll post the quote on here (when the person gets around to sending it!) for any others who are in the same predicament.

Britishbitz Feb 3rd 2020 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by deanoman (Post 12799054)
I had a quick look at Movecube and it looks like an excellent solution. Unfortunately, it's not an option for us as we do have a lot of bulky furniture that we want to bring back.

Looks like you've made a good choice - I hope the move goes well:fingerscrossed:

Pls let me know how it goes. I'll post the quote on here (when the person gets around to sending it!) for any others who are in the same predicament.

Will do :)