Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

shipping about 8 boxes to UK, Looking for help

shipping about 8 boxes to UK, Looking for help

Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice
Default Re: shipping about 8 boxes to UK, Looking for help

We used seven seas(uk to canada) and they lost our sons guitar,and boxes turned up 2 mths late, customer service was no help at all we got lucky that it got delivered to someone who was honest and rang the number on the box to tell us they had it.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:21 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I remember a company called "Excess Baggage" being recommended before, for small amounts of stuff.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

brit0ninusa is an unknown quantity at this point

yes they got some bad reviews thank you for the info, parcelhero.com comes well recommended but the name kind of puts you off lol. Didn't take into consideration the fees and taxes at the other end. Any ideas what are the charges in Britain, I just have personal belongings.
British Airways charge $170 per case after the first two so thats another option I am looking at.
I thought it would be as easy as just going to the fedex shop.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Excess Baggage when we moved to Canada. They mentioned a service where they pool peoples packages for those folks who don't have enough for a container themselves. They basically fill up a container of peoples small packages and everyone benefits from a lower price
Old Jun 24th 2014, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit0ninusa
have you tried Homeshipping .com they will ship 7 large boxes @50lbs to UK for $395, I am moving back to UK in October and have around 8 boxes. This seems to be a steal but I am worried about the charges at the UK end. Anyone have any dealings with this company or the charges at the UK.
Did you end up going with them? Has anyone else used them? What charges are payable on arrival in the UK, if any?

Last edited by windsong; Jun 24th 2014 at 3:02 am.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 2:38 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Thread is almost a year old and brit0ninusa hasn't been on the forum since September.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

My sister in law just recommended this company to me. She used them to move stuff from the UK to Canada and said she was happy with the service. I'm looking to move stuff from the US to UK within the next month so will be giving them a call.

Worldwide Shipping and Excess Baggage from Seven Seas
Old Jun 27th 2014, 2:22 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

You should get a quote from Upakweship. A number of Ex-pats going back from Canada have used them successfully.

We are in Edmo. Upakweship provided a 20' container which was loaded yesterday. We did our own packing but employed Starline (also in Calgary) to load. Starline have a very good reputation too.

We are using Upakweship because they have a good reputation and are very cheap.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

When my things get shipped over I will probably go with UCube by UPakWeShip. Their prices are pretty competitive and I have read lots of good things about them - and have received very prompt, informative responses to my emails, too.