Wikiposts

Shippers from Dubai to UK

Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Sapphire99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shippers from Dubai to UK

Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a shipping company from Dubai to the UK from anyone that has moved in the last few months.

I only need to send half a container. Euromovers quoted me AED15,000. Hoping I can find something more reasonable.

Also how long did it take to ship your goods. They have advised it will take approx 7 weeks.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

lexyandbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shippers from Dubai to UK

Originally Posted by Sapphire99
Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a shipping company from Dubai to the UK from anyone that has moved in the last few months.

I only need to send half a container. Euromovers quoted me AED15,000. Hoping I can find something more reasonable.

Also how long did it take to ship your goods. They have advised it will take approx 7 weeks.
Hi Sapphire99,

I know of a few people that has used a Dubai based company called "Global Relocations", The Manager is British and they understand the frustrations of Dubai administration. They normally ship to UK in 3 weeks but this may change due to the half container as they may have to wait for it to be filled. The guys that have used them have spoke their praises both here at packup and back in UK at unpack. I think they also deal with cars and pets if required. hope this helps.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I had not heard of that company. Will give them a call. Cheers.
Old May 1st 2014, 4:29 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a company called 'Move One'

I haven't used them (yet) but we have dealt with them where I work and they seem efficient and helpful.
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks ... another one to add to the list.

So far I have called DASA and Global Relocations so they are both coming to see me next week.

Global Relocations certainly offered the best advice and were able to answer all my questions.