Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Shippers coming on Monday / Tuesday.

Shippers coming on Monday / Tuesday.

Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Shippers coming on Monday / Tuesday.

My goodness it really is happening.

We've decided to use Chess for our move back to the UK. I think a few people on here have used them recently. I'll give you my feedback in due course.

I'm feeling excited. I think we are moving in the right direction to fit into a 20ft but only time will tell. Garage sale this weekend and a few more evenings left to clear stuff out. Hope the weather is on Friday and lsets home we get some good packers!!!!

Poppet
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shippers coming on Monday / Tuesday.

Originally Posted by PoppetUK

We've decided to use Chess for our move back to the UK. I think a few people on here have used them recently. I'll give you my feedback in due course.

I'm feeling excited. I think we are moving in the right direction to fit into a 20ft but only time will tell. Garage sale this weekend and a few more evenings left to clear stuff out. Hope the weather is on Friday and lsets home we get some good packers!!!!

Poppet
Poppet....good luck....sit back and let them pack...they do all the work....the guys were really nice from Chess.....are you having their insurance...?....if so just drop me a thread or email and I will let you know our story...also make sure they mark you boxes with as much detail as possible....all the best....we are having some lovely weather in "our part of England" take care....and try not to stress......
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK

Poppet
Well done on coming to a decision. I think your heart had already moved back here a while ago.

Don't flog too much stuff. Chess said we'd need a 40ft in their quote, but it all fitted into a 20ft . We just got rid of 2 sofas a bbq and a bed on gumtree (best place to sell btw). Kent removals packed the rest with next to no gaps and nothing broken. Get your insurance from Bryan Naughton at http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/ they are way cheaper than the removals people and if you are only really worried about total loss (like we were) they are great.

let us know how you get on
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:51 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure to take out your rubbish before they arrive, someone on here had their bags full of kitchen rubbish shipped along with the furniture the movers were so busy just packing up everything
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Make sure to take out your rubbish before they arrive, someone on here had their bags full of kitchen rubbish shipped along with the furniture the movers were so busy just packing up everything
Good advice. And should apply to everything you take. The packers are like locusts and devour EVERYTHING in their paths. We had taken down all the nasty net curtains in the rental when we first moved in and put them on top of a wardrobe out of the way while we rented. Imagine our horror after 250 boxes had been packed, to discover that the landlord's horrible curtains were packed. Packer shrugged his shoulders when we asked if he could remember which box they were in. Thankfully we found them in the fourth box we opened.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mbike
Good advice. And should apply to everything you take. The packers are like locusts and devour EVERYTHING in their paths. We had taken down all the nasty net curtains in the rental when we first moved in and put them on top of a wardrobe out of the way while we rented. Imagine our horror after 250 boxes had been packed, to discover that the landlord's horrible curtains were packed. Packer shrugged his shoulders when we asked if he could remember which box they were in. Thankfully we found them in the fourth box we opened.
Thank you every one. Well we are getting there. A few hurdles thought bubba chucked up 4 times last night so j didn't get much done. Hoping it was too much of the wrong food at farewell play in the park! Dd number one then woke up at 230 with nasty eye infection. Off to the docs this morning and keeping everything crossed we are all ok!!!!! I am getting home!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aw good luck and happy returns to the UK........everything will be fine, be positive and dont look back........just 3 more days for you.....
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Aw good luck and happy returns to the UK........everything will be fine, be positive and dont look back........just 3 more days for you.....
Thank you x. Packing is under way. Considering we've had sick kids and other hicups we aren't going too bad.

Thanks again for thinking of us. xx