Serious Question

Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:06 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, come on. Can we leave the insults and mud slinging out of at least one thread in this forum ?

We asked a serious question cos we're trying to do what you guys returning to UK are always saying should happen i.e take the rose tints off and look realistically at why we are making our move.

The insults and name calling dont help that process at all.

Regards
Chris
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:18 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

if i understand your situation you are an aussie planning to return to oz after some years away.

surely you have very different reasons for returning to your home than we have for leaving what is not our home.

not sure what you have to gain from being here.

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Hey guys, come on. Can we leave the insults and mud slinging out of at least one thread in this forum ?

We asked a serious question cos we're trying to do what you guys returning to UK are always saying should happen i.e take the rose tints off and look realistically at why we are making our move.

The insults and name calling dont help that process at all.

Regards
Chris
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:27 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dugongs
if i understand your situation you are an aussie planning to return to oz after some years away.

surely you have very different reasons for returning to your home than we have for leaving what is not our home.

not sure what you have to gain from being here.

Only one half of us (Mairi) is Aussie. I'm a Scot heading over to OZ for the first time, and under orders from "herself" to make sure I know what I'm doing hence the reason I've also started reading this site.

Chris
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by dazuk
As someone else pointed out, you are more then happy to dish it out, razor blades, picture of a gallows??? But you dont like shite thrown back, especially home truths.

HOW MUCH money have you wasted so far then???:scared:
dazuk if you would like to continue this riveting discussion i can be found in the lounge most evenings.

sorry to be a pain chris.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:45 pm
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

fair enough, the "mixed" marriage thing comes with its own issues for sure. i am the same by the way so appreciate where you are coming from.

if it's any help I am glad I spent my years in Oz. I personally feel I am personally richer for the experience. certainly an opportunity in your position.

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Only one half of us (Mairi) is Aussie. I'm a Scot heading over to OZ for the first time, and under orders from "herself" to make sure I know what I'm doing hence the reason I've also started reading this site.

Chris