Sending Flowers to the UK

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Cool Sending Flowers to the UK

For the last couple of years my mum has been in a nursing home in Haywards Heath in Sussex.I have found Sainsburys a wonderful inexpensive way to send flowers to her.Tescos and ASDA also have the same service.I find its much cheaper than doing it from this side of the pond.
I love surfing the Uk stores on line only been gone 50 years but find it fun.
Lynne in Idaho.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:47 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending Flowers to the UK

Originally Posted by Hove
For the last couple of years my mum has been in a nursing home in Haywards Heath in Sussex.I have found Sainsburys a wonderful inexpensive way to send flowers to her.Tescos and ASDA also have the same service.I find its much cheaper than doing it from this side of the pond.
Lynne in Idaho.
Just checked that out....very good value, will definatley add it to my favourites.

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:15 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link

http://www.sainsburysflowers.co.uk/

But I didn't find them priced any differently to any other site.

I did find their idea of sending chocolates with sympathy bouquets a little strange, though!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Talking Re: Sending Flowers to the UK

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Here's the link

http://www.sainsburysflowers.co.uk/

But I didn't find them priced any differently to any other site.

I did find their idea of sending chocolates with sympathy bouquets a little strange, though!
I also found a local florist in Shoreham Sussex that also delivered
It is just easy and I find cheaper then using the florist here.My friend paid $100
dollars for roses to send to Germany.
Maybe the Chocolates were for the spouse of the one that has passed on.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:51 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

That does work both ways, when my DH was still in the UK, it was cheaper for him to call a local florist here and have flowers sent to me than to do it from over there through one. Common sense, the more people you involve, the more expensive it gets since everyone is going to tack on their little piece of the pie.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

I use www.bunches.co.uk and www.Valueflora.com and also www.hampers.co for all kinds for lovely hampers.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

yellow pages, find a local shop with a website...cheapest...not always that convenient if they live out in the boonies, then interflora...but you don't half pay
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:17 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sentosa
I use www.bunches.co.uk and www.Valueflora.com and also www.hampers.co for all kinds for lovely hampers.
I use Bunches - They've always been very good.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Marks and Sparks on line also run a very good, fairly priced and fast service.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:06 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Marks and Sparks on line also run a very good, fairly priced and fast service.
Also NEXT flowers, order on line. Really good, more modern and funky.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:29 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hove
Lynne in Idaho.

I tried to send Flowers via the Tesco site but could not get it to work. I had been told they were great. I ended up using the international section of proflowers.com and was very happy with their service. They got there when they said they would be there and my Aunt said they were super. Next time I may try out Sainsbury or Asda.

I too love surfing the UK stores but sadly some of the books I want are so darned expensive to ship here.

Lynne in Harvest, AL
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:30 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

have they stopped growing flowers in the UK?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Sending Flowers to the UK

Originally Posted by Lynne
I tried to send Flowers via the Tesco site but could not get it to work. I had been told they were great. I ended up using the international section of proflowers.com and was very happy with their service. They got there when they said they would be there and my Aunt said they were super. Next time I may try out Sainsbury or Asda.

I too love surfing the UK stores but sadly some of the books I want are so darned expensive to ship here.

Lynne in Harvest, AL
I have just used Sainsburys again as my mum is 94 tomorrow.
Sometimes Amazon .com USA may have the books you may need.
Lynne in Idaho