Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Sending a few things to the UK

Wikiposts

Sending a few things to the UK

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sending a few things to the UK

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good company in New Zealand which isn't really expensive for sending a few items to the UK.

Items are computer and monitor and a couple of other things.

Thanks

Carole
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sending a few things to the UK

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good company in New Zealand which isn't really expensive for sending a few items to the UK.

Thanks

Carole
Hello Carole. Why would you want to? Just save all important things to a portable hard drive. then go. Look at this:-

www.dawcomputers.co.uk and then think again. love dontheturner
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:29 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

True....the money you would spend on shipping might be better spent on new equipment....
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sending a few things to the UK

Hi,

Thanks

Carole
Hi there my son used seven seas from Uk to NZ and it works the other way round, they were great, flat pack boxes were delivered to our door(estimate how many you need they pick up the unused ones when they collect the full boxes and you are only charged for the ones you use) tape and pens were included (you must itemise exactly what is in each box on the side and it pays to keep a list yourself) we thought it was a fantastic service well worth a look at.....Good luck with it all
Cheers
Cally
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/homepage/default.aspx

Last edited by cally49; Feb 4th 2011 at 11:41 am.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at that site Seven seas and it quoted me over 500 dollars US to ship 4 suitcases I think that is more than excess on a plane........4 t chests were also over $500.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sending a few things to the UK

Originally Posted by charleygirl
I just looked at that site Seven seas and it quoted me over 500 dollars US to ship 4 suitcases I think that is more than excess on a plane........4 t chests were also over $500.
I know the more you send the cheaper it is but when my son did his it wasnt that expensive its obviously gone up a lot in price.....Such a shame as it was such a stress free service having them turn up at the door with the boxes and collecting them as soon as i said they were ready to go.....Then delivering them to the door in NZ....
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:52 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this will be of any help ......we shipped 9 boxes over to NZ ( 1 cubic mtr) with a local UK shipping agent, on arrival in NZ our shipment was handled by World Moving & Storage (worldmoving.co.nz) .....they were brilliant & really helpful...especially considering we wanted to turn our shipment around and ship it straight back to UK I can't remember the exact cost involved but it was def more than $500 equiv.
B
Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:32 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Not sure if this will be of any help ......we shipped 9 boxes over to NZ ( 1 cubic mtr) with a local UK shipping agent, on arrival in NZ our shipment was handled by World Moving & Storage (worldmoving.co.nz) .....they were brilliant & really helpful...especially considering we wanted to turn our shipment around and ship it straight back to UK I can't remember the exact cost involved but it was def more than $500 equiv.
B
How long did you stay in NZ????
Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:35 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

It is cheaper for us in Australia (and NZ??) to use door services like this.

We are only allowed 23kgs on most flights, the 2 bag system is only to USA, Canada and South America.

Of course if you are lucky enough to get a BA ticket you can do the bag thing as per Charleygirl above.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:57 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by Beedubya
How long did you stay in NZ????
5 months........OH born in NZ but been in UK since age of 2, so something we had to try .......my english roots were deeper than I knew, didn't feel 'right' so came home
B
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aw brilliant, 'ship it straight back again".
And are you happy you did?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:22 am
MnB

Aw brilliant, 'ship it straight back again".
And are you happy you did?
Absolutely!!.....NZ will always be there to visit and who knows we may become 'snowbirds' one day!....would love to do 6mths here & 6mths there ..back to back summer's all year round
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:36 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by MnB
5 months........OH born in NZ but been in UK since age of 2, so something we had to try .......my english roots were deeper than I knew, didn't feel 'right' so came home
B
Very expensive to be a ping ponger ain't it LOL!!

5 months for you, 10 for me.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
B
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out but it does seem to expensive. We bought our son a gaming computer for christmas last year and so he wanted to keep it, but its a lot of money to spend shipping it back.

Carole
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:21 am
Home Sweet Home

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out but it does seem to expensive. We bought our son a gaming computer for christmas last year and so he wanted to keep it, but its a lot of money to spend shipping it back.

Carole
What about seafreight? Though I do believe there is a minimum charge so maybe not so good if you only have 3 boxes or something.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.