Selling houses

Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

joetrac will become famous soon enoughjoetrac will become famous soon enough
Default Selling houses

Hi all...can anyone tell me how long it took to sell there house in Australia

I live in brisbane and would like to know what time scales are involved...I know each property is diffrent ...but its just to give me an idea...i think about mother glasgow EVERY day...get me out of here !!!!!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling houses

Originally Posted by joetrac
Hi all...can anyone tell me how long it took to sell there house in Australia

I live in brisbane and would like to know what time scales are involved...I know each property is diffrent ...but its just to give me an idea...i think about mother glasgow EVERY day...get me out of here !!!!!!
Hi,

Depends what your house is like and location/price etc. Ours was a lovely house but on quite a busy road and took 3mths to sell. Some friends of ours sold their house which was similar to ours but on a quiet road within 2 weeks.

Jo
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Selling houses

We have our house "under contract" in Townsville after two nail biting weeks - two open houses, 18 viewings, two private viewings, and a hell of a lot of cleaning. But we have been really lucky - if it goes through !!!! And we have another "open house" pre booked for this sunday (already in the paper) so more cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Our buyer is bringing her mum to check it over (OMG).

I wish any one in the same situation the very best. Our agent has been brilliant - we have been really lucky.

Now the reality is hitting home - hiring a container, getting the dog home (on the same flight as me) - hiring a caravan or something in the UK till we buy a house and get our stuff back...................OMG.

trying not to think about it - a very hard time.

A xx
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Well done Alliekat... good luck with the move !!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Selling houses

Hey, how long have you been trying to sell ? Or are you just at the planning stage ?

It is a nightmare - and very expensive (the agents fees alone are $8k), and we just have to trust that this buyer will go ahead, but there are so many cooling off periods, anything could happen !

We had a really bad experience in the UK where our house sale fell thru on the day of exchange - a very long and bitter story - so we have learnt to take nothing for granted. This time next week we could be back to square one - and it costs $650 to advertise your house via the paper every single week (that's thru the agent !!!!!). What's that all about ? On top of their fees - God if I was staying, I think I'd go into real estate

But we just have to have faith and hope it will all work out.

Good luck !!!! A xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Good luck witht the house sales I have the plumber/ slash tiler in downstairs now as I type getting the second to last bathroom redone. I still have the master suite to decorate and the ensuite to redo. We also need to turf a bit outside. Anyway on the gold coast the agents want shed loads of money to sell your house up to 6000 dollars for a full page spread in the Bulletin which I am not paying that ever. Then they want around $30 000 to sell the house yeah right!!!!

Anyway I have worked out it is cheaper for us to sell our house and rent until we sell the business rather than to keep hold of the house and sell last minute. OUr area is the same though they can sell in 3 weeks, 3 months or a year. My goal is to be on the market for march and be back in the UK for September for the new school year but to honest I dont care as long as we are back for xmas.

Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for the replies guys.

We have to build the stupid thing then put it on the market :curse: its driving me nuts.

Its already a year behind and with this bloody rain I can see it taking another year.

Not to worry ... its another step closer to escaping dullsville!!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=nicola411;5879982] Anyway on the gold coast the agents want shed loads of money to sell your house up to 6000 dollars for a full page spread in the Bulletin which I am not paying that ever. Then they want around $30 000 to sell the house yeah right!!!!

You can negotiate a price with them and the advertising is included. $30,000 is bollocks. Is your house in the million dollar range? I take it it must be if they want to put a full page add. In that case they will charge higher fees. Shop around.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Ye 30k does sound alot

I read that the QLD government have capped commison at 5% of the first 18K of sale price then 2.5% of the balance ..plus 10% GST...not cheap but hopefully not 30K !!!!

I would have thought as those prices the advertising would have been included.... its a rip off...when I moved here from Scotland I was charged a flat fee of 1800 no matter what the house sold at...those were the days .
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Selling houses

Yup, no wonder all the estate agents are driving posh cars............

How can they charge so much and justify it ?

Ah well, as I say, if we were staying i would go for my real estate licence and scrub down in there - or I might go into removals as they seem to be making quite a killing too......

Nah, too bloody nice, that's my trouble. I'd be useless !!!

A xxx