Wikiposts

Selling a car in the UK?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:19 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling a car in the UK?

My fiance is trying to sell his car but is having a hard time with cheap advertising, we've tried a sign in the window, craigslist ( full of scammers like no tomorrow! ) and word of mouth... does anyone know of any place that is low cost and can get rid of a car fast?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a car in the UK?

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
....that is low cost and can get rid of a car fast?
Just leave it parked somewhere with the keys in it.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:11 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

eBay motors? Though can't be too sure of getting a good price.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:37 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

My fiance is trying to sell his car but is having a hard time with cheap advertising, we've tried a sign in the window, craigslist ( full of scammers like no tomorrow! ) and word of mouth... does anyone know of any place that is low cost and can get rid of a car fast?
Putting an ad in the local freely distributed paper is always worth a go for a small cost, normally no more than 10GBP and will also be placed in the affiliated papers too. That's how I got rid of my two cars. Often worth sticking a note in your car window too giving phone number, price, and when taxed and MOT'd till. I've heard good things about www.autotrader.co.uk, but dont know if / how much they charge.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:07 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I used eBay to get rid of mine prior to leaving. Worked so smoothly that my Dad successfully sold his that way too.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

I put mine on Autotrader and it was sold within 3 days. This was about 18 months ago though when the economy was a bit better.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:30 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

DH puts his on work-sponsored list.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:10 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
DH puts his on work-sponsored list.
hey thanks ill have him look into autotrader and ebay.... as far as the keys in it lol, its been parked on the front for almost 3 months now... someone stole the clio parked in front of his gti lol
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Honest Johns..... behind the viaducts near Vauxhall bridge (south side).

Or ... as mentioned earlier Ebay
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Ebay in the past and been very happy with the result.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Toonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to all

We sold a car on eBay which was bought within 3 days (Friday 30th Jan) and a motorbike also on eBay which was picked up yesterday. Both guys (separate) came by with cash and picked the vehicles up as planned. We got a quote for the car (2004 Clio) at a dealer on the morning of the sale for £2,550 - so we agreed the same price with the guy who bought it. eBay was hassle-free. Would recommend