Wikiposts

Selling the Car!!

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:11 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling the Car!!

How did you sell yours?

We were thinking of putting it on Ebay maybe a few weeks before we go and rent a car until we leave. the only thing is that if it dont get the price you are looking for then you are ******. the only other option is to put it up just now and buy a Banger for maybe $1000 just to get from A to Hopefully B

i feel a few angry posts are going to suffice
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Selling the Car!!

I put mine on carsales network on the Friday night and by Sunday morning some bloke had driven from Sydney with an envelope of cash and taken it away = everyone happy. Don't bother about ebay carsales is national.

Go on redbook to get the value range so you price it realistically but always stick a few extra hundred on there as Australians never pay the advertised price for anything - I call it the Harvey Norman effect.

And be prepared to be emailed by a pack of losers - put on the ad "cash only" unless you want to be offered dodgy trade ins!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:45 am
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

You could try gumtree.com Click on your city for Australia and then go into cars. There are a lot advertised on the UK one and I know Fleaff got hers from that site when she returned to UK.

Cash only.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:27 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

HA!!!!! Don't get me started AGAIN on selling stuff off here before you go back! ( tight *&^%!!@@ b'tards!!! ) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, we'll soon be in the same predicament. I've thought about puttin a sign up in the car window to advertise it AND/OR puttin it on that car website here ( can't remember it's name ) but you need to get a car reg-oh done before you sell it otherwise you wouldn't get as much for it.
TOTAL pain in the a*se. Hoping to sell ours and borrow one of our mates cars to do us for the last month or so.
I know we'll get next to nothing for it when we paid $12,000 to start with,only 16months ago.

Think we're gonna lose a whole lot more money during this move back!

x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:24 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
HA!!!!! Don't get me started AGAIN on selling stuff off here before you go back! ( tight *&^%!!@@ b'tards!!! ) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, we'll soon be in the same predicament. I've thought about puttin a sign up in the car window to advertise it AND/OR puttin it on that car website here ( can't remember it's name ) but you need to get a car reg-oh done before you sell it otherwise you wouldn't get as much for it.
TOTAL pain in the a*se. Hoping to sell ours and borrow one of our mates cars to do us for the last month or so.
I know we'll get next to nothing for it when we paid $12,000 to start with,only 16months ago.

Think we're gonna lose a whole lot more money during this move back!

x

it looks that way from our end too Pearly

We paid $21,000 for our Honda and just checked out Redbook and it came back with $16,750. the car is still in the same condition as we bought it with an extra 10k on the clock. The rego on runs out in Feb but we will prob put another year on it just before we sell it

go get a quote and see what comes back, atleast you will know what to expect
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:14 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
it looks that way from our end too Pearly

We paid $21,000 for our Honda and just checked out Redbook and it came back with $16,750. the car is still in the same condition as we bought it with an extra 10k on the clock. The rego on runs out in Feb but we will prob put another year on it just before we sell it

go get a quote and see what comes back, atleast you will know what to expect
Hmmm, never heard of Redbook but just tried it and it's saying $9,400 - $11,300 in a private sale. So not too bad for us I suppose - IF they part with their hard cash that is. We had a major service done on it about 4 months ago and a few repairs so as much as we don't want to budge on the lower value - might have to. You know what they're like. Cheers for that link!
I'm sure you came out the same time as us, did you not??
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:10 pm
UK is Home

Hmmm, never heard of Redbook but just tried it and it's saying $9,400 - $11,300 in a private sale. So not too bad for us I suppose - IF they part with their hard cash that is. We had a major service done on it about 4 months ago and a few repairs so as much as we don't want to budge on the lower value - might have to. You know what they're like. Cheers for that link!
I'm sure you came out the same time as us, did you not??
I came out at the end of June to find somewhere to live and the rest of the family arrived a month later.
Its funny when i think of picking them up at the airport, the one thing that sticks in my mind is the missus saying to me ( after filling her lungs with some winfield) was, oh S*** john, what have we done? even thinking back to January this year we decided to head back and were a click away from booking our tickets, it was me who said no lets leave it a bit and see what happens.
Anyway, we know for deff now that we are going back, albeit quite a bit lighter in the wallet
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:23 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
I came out at the end of June to find somewhere to live and the rest of the family arrived a month later.
Its funny when i think of picking them up at the airport, the one thing that sticks in my mind is the missus saying to me ( after filling her lungs with some winfield) was, oh S*** john, what have we done? even thinking back to January this year we decided to head back and were a click away from booking our tickets, it was me who said no lets leave it a bit and see what happens.
Anyway, we know for deff now that we are going back, albeit quite a bit lighter in the wallet
Groan - I know. I always think of my very first instincts about a place. Shame I decided to blank them this time about here.
Told the hubster about that website and he's well chuffed we MIGHT get more back for the car than we thought. I put some furniture on that Gumtree website yesterday and think I've sold an item already! They don't charge to advertise your stuff so at least that's SOMETHING for free at last!!
Might be an option to help sell the car,especially if it's free.

Been reading the Uk news online etc and gettin quite excited about going back.
At least you'll not be sittin on the couch in 30 years time sayin "if only we'd tried it".
You've done it, you know it's not what makes you happy, so time to try somethin' else even if it's going back to the same place.
Life's for livin not standin still,eh!!

GET IN THERE!!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:34 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

You've done it, you know it's not what makes you happy, so time to try somethin' else even if it's going back to the same place.
Life's for livin not standin still,eh!!

GET IN THERE!!!

same place, but different attitude, due to new experiences,

goodluck to you all

am dead jealous
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:51 am
UK is Home

Ok, i now have the car on eBay for 1 week just to see what happens with it.

I have just recieved a question from someone who is interested asking will i be supplying a RWC ( Roadworthy certificate ) with the car

I have contacted RTA to find out what this was and was told that it is the Pink Slip, they mentioned that they dont know if i have to supply this by law in NSW and gave me the number of the Fair Trading office in Sydney. Anyway i gave them a call and they just told me to contact the RTA as its an issue they should have advised me of. ( they dont know) FFS!!!!!!

Has anyone sold their car without getting the Pink Slip and is it a condition by law that selling a second hand car you have to supply one.

Any help on this guys? before i answer the question on eBay if i will be supplying one or not TBH i cant be A***d spending any money on the thing unless i have to!!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Awright pal keep yer hair on!

A roadworthy certificate is called a pink slip in NSW - it's not pink by the way, it's done by registered garages and it's like a mini MOT.

You need this to sell a car in NSW, but you would have got one when you bought the car in the first place.

Have a look through your car paperwork for a wee white form with a receipt stapled to it from the garage when you bought the car.

If it's lost then it's no big deal, find a local garage and book it in, they usually have signs out the front for registered inspeciton stations.

My mate does mine for a slab, but if you have to pay it's maybe $70-100.
They do it whilst you wait and it takes about 15-20 minutes - voila pink slip.
Take your blue slip (rego papers) with you when you go to get get it done - that actually is blue BTW.

On another matter every tube on the planet emails when you put a car online, and asks stupid questions. I found the only genuine buyers phone you up and ask to come and see it with an envelope of cash - emailers are just tyre kickers.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:56 pm
UK is Home

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Awright pal keep yer hair on!

A roadworthy certificate is called a pink slip in NSW - it's not pink by the way, it's done by registered garages and it's like a mini MOT.

You need this to sell a car in NSW, but you would have got one when you bought the car in the first place.

Have a look through your car paperwork for a wee white form with a receipt stapled to it from the garage when you bought the car.

If it's lost then it's no big deal, find a local garage and book it in, they usually have signs out the front for registered inspeciton stations.

My mate does mine for a slab, but if you have to pay it's maybe $70-100.
They do it whilst you wait and it takes about 15-20 minutes - voila pink slip.
Take your blue slip (rego papers) with you when you go to get get it done - that actually is blue BTW.

On another matter every tube on the planet emails when you put a car online, and asks stupid questions. I found the only genuine buyers phone you up and ask to come and see it with an envelope of cash - emailers are just tyre kickers.
I cant see anything in the paperwork from the garage i bought the car from but what i do have is 2 white papers with reciepts stapled to them

the first one says at the top - Authorised Inspection Station e-Safety Check report, it has details like Inspection date, number plate, odometer reading, compliance date, bla bla bla and it also shows e-safety check number ???????? e-safety check status PASS, Reason for Inspection- Registration Renewal. This was dated 05/02/2008.it shows amount Paid- $31.10

Just under the heading for this it has: This report indicates whether the vehicle met NSW safety check standards at the time of inspection. It is not a comprehensive report of the vehicles mecanical condition. The information in this report has now been passed to the RTA. You must renem the vehicles registration within 42 days of the report date to avoid any further inspection.

the second slip just looks like a Tax Invoice and under (product) it has MRREGO under (Description) it has Registration Inspection but the cost was only $30

Do i have a Pink slip? do i have a WHITE pink slip

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Sep 24th 2008 at 12:58 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep that is your pink slip, and yes it's white not pink.

So you can say Yes the car has a roadworthy certificate in NSW.

That is all you are obligated to have, so you are sorted, if the buyer wants an inspection done then that is up to them to arrange and pay for it, you have done your bit.

People will ask all kinds of losery random questions on email but I would put on the ad pink slip/RTA roadworthy certificate.

Another thing , you did put a few extra dollars more than you wanted on the price? Cos they will want to knock some $$$s off, even if you only put the redbook value on there.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:12 pm
UK is Home

I just phoned the number on the pperwork i haveand they told me what i have is the Pink slip but because it was done in Feb this year they reckon i should have another one done if i am selling, cost is still £31.10

What would happen if i put it through another one and it was to fail on anything? can i still just use the one i have or will that cause me hastle as it says on the one i have ( The information in this report has now been passed to the RTA)
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

You could go and get another one, but I never did that when I sold my car (I take it the buyer did that himself after he bought the car and transferred the rego to his own name).

For $31 you could just get it, it's not exactly a comprehensive check and doesn't take long, unless your car is some seriously clapped out piece of crap it is not likely to fail. It's just a basic check the indicators/brake lights etc work, it doesn't have to go over the pits or anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.