self addressed pre paid envelope

Old Jun 1st 2018, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Lovesfrogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default self addressed pre paid envelope

Hello

I wonder if anybody can help me. Myself and NZ Husband are applying for a spouse visa for the UK. We are having the last of the paperwork shipped out so will be applying soon.
We have come up against what is proving to be a bit of a mind boggle of a hurdle and didn't expect this to be a problem. We need to send a self addressed pre paid envelope with the docs to Sheffield but the problems are.....
Post office won't allow my dad t purchase a pre paid courier envelope and ship it out here, they advised to use parcel force. Called them and they won't pick up or drop off at a PO Box address. I have contacted UPS and they only have a 90 day pre pay option. After that it cancels and other couriers also won't pick up, drop off at a PO Box address.
I am missing something really obvious here i think but just don't know what it is.
Would it be ok to use my parents address in the UK for them to send the docs too and just load up a normal envelope to cover the cost of the crazy weight of all the documents? Or does it have to come direct to us in NZ

Thank you for your time
Old Jun 1st 2018, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Default Re: self addressed pre paid envelope

I have finally managed to figure out a way to do so! Phew
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 12:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Care to share?
Old Jun 4th 2018, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

I am having to send my paperwork to someone in the UK, get them to take it too the post office, pay for a special delivery return envelope (to their address in the UK) whilst also paying to post it next day delivery to the PoBox address provided by immi. Seemed like the only way as couriers were not willing to drop off or pick up from a POBox address, just glad I have people willing to do so.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

daveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be some kind of international postal certificate that you could buy which you enclosed with your mail and it bought your recipient return postage from most of the countries of the world.

I know you could buy them from Canada Post and I know they are accepted in the UK to send stuff back by the GPO.

I can't remember how much they cost, but they were expensive.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:24 am
Just Joined

TassieBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the same situation for my application from Tasmania, Australia. I had to send it to family in the UK who then on posted it with a return envelope to their UK address. Once they get all the paperwork and passports back (51 BD on priority and still waiting) they will then post it to me in Tasmania. Unfortunately this was the only way to do it as we have no access to VFS
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Sorry for the late reply.... Yes it proved to be really frustrating but grateful for having family that were able to post on for us too. NZ is the same, no scanning service.

Thank you daveincolchester