Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Securing employment once back in UK

Securing employment once back in UK

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Securing employment once back in UK

Hi

I have a few questions about securing employment once back in the UK.

How easy did people find it? ie the recruitment process/use of agencies/getting passed the first stage ect.

Have the majority of people got the same/similar role that they had while living abroad.

Any experiences of going for something completely different.

Really looking forward to hearing about experiences and any advice.

Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Securing employment once back in UK

Choccie, I can't be much help because I will be at the job-hunting stage in about a month when I arrive there. However, I have read in the forum of some people getting a job fairly quickly - within three weeks - and another for whom it took a year. but I'd say the average is about two months.

I hope someone responds with information about the recruitment process. Would be good to know.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

briteness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Securing employment once back in UK

Choccie my last experience with employment agencies in England was about 9 years ago but I think this advice will still apply - they are great for broad emergency temp work if you are willing to do just anything to be earning money to get settled in...but for more specific stuff you will have to keep hammering at them letting them know precisiely what you want and many of them will get pissed off